Multiplayer Suggestions

DonStegall

I have some multiplayer problems and suggestions.

From what I can tell multiplayer works best for the clients when the host's airplane engine is cut and all sound is turned off. Plus, the stopped plane drifts around on the field, even with the engine killed.

Also, if you set up a dedicated machine in the manner described above, you can't join the session from another computer with the same serial number.

I understand the license issue, but a great solution would be to have a Dedicated Host... command that doesn't put a plane of the field. A dedicated host could allow one user with the same serial number to join the session. I set up a machine to run as a host fulltime. I would like to join in the fun, but I want the people who want to fly together to have a good experience.

PylonWorld host is at 24.88.165.134 but is subject to change. ping pylonworld.tzo.com to get the current address.

Don Stegall
NMPRA 31Q

PylonWorld.com - The pylon racer's information source
Now with discussion forums - click here to join in.

Also, is there any way to turn off the name tags that fly around with the guest planes. If not, there should be.

Publishing your event on the server

I like the recently added facility to publish/advertise your multiplayer event on a central server, but it would be better if you could alter the IP address (and port?) which is posted - for example when you're behind a firewall and the IP address (and perhaps port) required for other players to connect are not necessarily those of the host PC itself.

Back