Multiplayer

ME242

:) Hey every body lets try to get over at least 75 aircraft on The G5 multiplayer or wat ever the most recent update is,,,

Every night(est) i will be hosting a fun fly

Heres the specs

Site name-Graves Rc Hobbies

Please lets try to break a record

I dont really care what plane you want to to, have fun :)
Starting the night of June 29 2010

lets do this people,,,

Thanks ME242

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that 32 people in one online session is the most the Sim is capable of.

Talk about LAG, Everybody better have killer ISP's.

I don't think you'll even get close?

Good luck trying.

Last edited:
Doesn't the optimum specs say something like, "We recommend a HUGE card for maximum performance?" :confused:

ME242 said:

Just because its a Quad core with a "Huge" graphics card doesn't mean much. Everyone else is also connected to each other. So if you have 4 People, #1 is connected to #2 and #3 and #4. then #2 is connected to #1, #3, & #4. so that means #3 is also connected to #1, #2 and #4. and #4 is connected to #1, #2, and #3. So everyone needs a Good connection speed, and Good System Specs.

Just because I have a GTX 480 and Core i7 Doesn't Mean the sessions I host will always be fast and smooth. The Person with a Celeron and on-board Graphics Will be having a hell of a time seeing everything smooth.

Then again, Put my system on a 56K connection and see if anyone can see me Smooth in the sim, let alone connect to my session.

Last edited:
Yep! You could have the best PC in the Galaxy, but you could have Comcast as your internet provider like me. They'll leave you in a hole and blame your intermittent connectivity blackouts on you alone, even though everyone else at your apartment complex suffers the same exact issue, unless they live on the other side of the building and they are able to have satellite TV/internet service. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! AAARRGGHHHHHG!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes though my internet is, on rare occassions, incredibly fast. Typically this happens when it's not been raining for a while. It rains here 9 months out of the year, daily. :(

That sucks!

I have nothing but success with Comcast. The screen shot is about the lowest connection speed I ever get.

Usually, I peg the download speed at about 35.Mbps and hit around 12.0Mbps on the up.

I have heard there service sucks but luckily I haven't needed it .

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.8 KB · Views: 13
Norton said:
That sucks!

I have nothing but success with Comcast. The screen shot is about the lowest connection speed I ever get.

Usually, I peg the download speed at about 35.Mbps and hit around 12.0Mbps on the up.

I have heard there service sucks but luckily I haven't needed it .

I used to have Comcast, the fastest avaiable at the time was 12meg service and i would get 12 meg for about 10 min, then the connection would time out and reset, and using multiplayer RF that means you get disconnected from whatever session you are in and have to rejoin. i went with the DSL which is slower but very reliable, so i decided to choose reliability vs speed. now i have the U-verse which is still DSL but at 24meg, still very reliable but still not as fast as Comcast in this area which is now at 50mb service. neighbor has that speed and he still gets time outs after a few min. Comcast Blows down here in South Florida.

mwilson914 said:
Yep! You could have the best PC in the Galaxy, but you could have Comcast as your internet provider like me. They'll leave you in a hole and blame your intermittent connectivity blackouts on you alone, even though everyone else at your apartment complex suffers the same exact issue, unless they live on the other side of the building and they are able to have satellite TV/internet service. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! AAARRGGHHHHHG!!!!!!!!!

:(

Here's a suggestion ( from someone who has been with Comcast even during their "beta" stage... )...

Turn off your Comcast provided box and your own router... ( btw: if you have your own router/WiF access point, consider periodically changing it's WAN side MAC address if you can... some permit this... ).

Wait 20 seconds.

Turn on your Comcast box, wait 10 seconds and turn on your router.

Comcast's headend servers seem to purposely "forget" about routing to systems that have not requested a NEW IP address via DHCP for a while.

I assume they purposely do this to drop routing load to machines that are inactive or dragging down performance.

Rebooting your setup causes it to ask for a new IP address and performance will often be stellar again until the problem re-occurs. I've gotten into the habit of doing this once a week or so.

I've also seen performance degrade until I change the MAC address as well.

Once I change the MAC address I imagine that the head end machines think they are seeing a new router joining their network... they seem to be more efficient routing packets to it.

opjose said:
Here's a suggestion ( from someone who has been with Comcast even during their "beta" stage... )...

Turn off your Comcast provided box and your own router... ( btw: if you have your own router/WiF access point, consider periodically changing it's WAN side MAC address if you can... some permit this... ).

Wait 20 seconds.

Turn on your Comcast box, wait 10 seconds and turn on your router.

Comcast's headend servers seem to purposely "forget" about routing to systems that have not requested a NEW IP address via DHCP for a while.

I assume they purposely do this to drop routing load to machines that are inactive or dragging down performance.

Rebooting your setup causes it to ask for a new IP address and performance will often be stellar again until the problem re-occurs. I've gotten into the habit of doing this once a week or so.

I've also seen performance degrade until I change the MAC address as well.

Once I change the MAC address I imagine that the head end machines think they are seeing a new router joining their network... they seem to be more efficient routing packets to it.

Oh yeah. I know this routine very well. I do it all the time actually. :) My problem is actually a physical transport issue. Whenever it's been raining for a while or after a heavy rain we get issues with the net and the cable. On Demand won't work or it will work then will error out. The TV display gets glitchy and warped periodically while trying to watch any program.

The NET will completely not work during these times even if taking the home router out of the loop. It just won't connect and packet tracer will show no packets coming in from Comcast.

The previous city I lived before Snoqualmie actually had EXCELLENT connectivity. Never once had a problem, but where I live now has been bad for years. Comcast refuses to fix it. I've had them come out and they say everything is proven good with their equipment. They won't do any further investigating and they tell me if I want them to check out the cable from the outside box to my apartment, then I will have to pay their maintenance fee to do the work, with a minimum four hour charge, I have to pay to replace the cabling in the structure and whatever other fees might be incurred.

I've been battling this for years. For one, I live in an apartment building and I don't own a single bit of the cable inside the walls. Second, I'm not allowed to have anyone or myself work / replace cable inside the walls. This is the reason I can't get satellite TV. No drilling is allowed. And the final kicker. The apartment complex management will not pay for any cable work to be done because Comcast states everything is just fine.

My only option is to move to another city. They've tried to charge me hundreds of dollars for callouts because they found nothing wrong. This is for cable TV outages and net. By the time they'd arrive, the problem magically disappeared, while in the meantime I've gone 48 hours with no service I was left to pay for, an ordered on-demand movie I had to pay for but never got to watch and they tried to get me to pay their fee for not finding anything wrong with their equipment. LOL. I've never once paid any of those fees because I fight it out with them.

Everyone in my apartment complex suffers the degraded service at the same time I as me. Comcast just refuses to admit it's more than a case by case problem. Since we have to alternative options we are left with either no internet or TV or use horrible spotty Comcast connections.

Well Duh,
You were trying to set a record without understanding the technical hurdles behind it.

You got the expected outcome.
If you learned something from the experience, then it wasn't a total epic fail.

ME242 said:
O well never mind :confused:

mwilson914 said:
Oh yeah. I know this routine very well. I do it all the time actually. :) My problem is actually a physical transport issue. Whenever it's been raining for a while or after a heavy rain we get issues with the net and the cable. On Demand won't work or it will work then will error out. The TV display gets glitchy and warped periodically while trying to watch any program.

The NET will completely not work during these times even if taking the home router out of the loop. It just won't connect and packet tracer will show no packets coming in from Comcast.

The previous city I lived before Snoqualmie actually had EXCELLENT connectivity. Never once had a problem, but where I live now has been bad for years. Comcast refuses to fix it. I've had them come out and they say everything is proven good with their equipment. They won't do any further investigating and they tell me if I want them to check out the cable from the outside box to my apartment, then I will have to pay their maintenance fee to do the work, with a minimum four hour charge, I have to pay to replace the cabling in the structure and whatever other fees might be incurred.

I've been battling this for years. For one, I live in an apartment building and I don't own a single bit of the cable inside the walls. Second, I'm not allowed to have anyone or myself work / replace cable inside the walls. This is the reason I can't get satellite TV. No drilling is allowed. And the final kicker. The apartment complex management will not pay for any cable work to be done because Comcast states everything is just fine.

My only option is to move to another city. They've tried to charge me hundreds of dollars for callouts because they found nothing wrong. This is for cable TV outages and net. By the time they'd arrive, the problem magically disappeared, while in the meantime I've gone 48 hours with no service I was left to pay for, an ordered on-demand movie I had to pay for but never got to watch and they tried to get me to pay their fee for not finding anything wrong with their equipment. LOL. I've never once paid any of those fees because I fight it out with them.

Everyone in my apartment complex suffers the degraded service at the same time I as me. Comcast just refuses to admit it's more than a case by case problem. Since we have to alternative options we are left with either no internet or TV or use horrible spotty Comcast connections.
If I might suggest, contact the state attonary general. They should be required to have a state lisence to operate. Send a certified letter. Don't bother calling. Make you're complant a matter of public record.
My guess is a non water tight splice, underground.

Last edited:
opjose said:
You are obviously an "experienced" Comcast user! :D

Exactly! :D It's ok. I'm just waiting for HSPA+ to be available nationwide from T-Mobile. I can't say how fast data speeds are in the lab, but just thinking about the day it goes live in my neighborhood makes me drool. Multiplayer won't be affected on my side when I hook myself up to it.

Last edited:
Back