Multiple displays with G5?

amarshan

Hi all,

Does anyone run multiple displays with G5?

The only way I've been able to use the 2 displays is to use the Nvidia control panel to configure the two displays as a single 3840x1200 display. It works, but the drawback is that the Sim tries to place the plane in the middle of the display - with the result that half the plane is on one side and half on the other ...

I'd like to find a way to adjust the default position of the plane: close to the left side of the left hand display when I'm travelling to the right, and vice-versa. Or at least offset from dead center. I've tried using the "camera lag" function to achieve this, but it's not ideal: on a long upline, I just disappear off the top of the screen.

(btw, I'm using G5 to practice my Pattern and IMAC sequences. I want to have a wide enough field of view that I can see the geometry of my manoeuvres, and to help keep parallel to the flightline).

Any and all suggestions are welcome. G5 is an awesome sim - I've owned G2, and Reflex XTR; both were good, but the physics and graphics in G5 beat anything I've tried before. I'm running the sim on a Mac Tower, 8 cores, 16 GB, Nvidia GTX 285, and seeing 60 fps with all the graphics options set to the highest level!

Thanks,

Amar

Yes, that is a common problem for 2-monitor setups, even for the FPS shooter crowd.
You can add a 3rd monitor. That will take care of your split-aircraft/aiming reticule problem.

Matrox makes a 3-head card, not sure if an SLI setup with Nvidia or ATI crossfire might work.

phrank said:
Yes, that is a common problem for 2-monitor setups, even for the FPS shooter crowd.
You can add a 3rd monitor. That will take care of your split-aircraft/aiming reticule problem.

Matrox makes a 3-head card, not sure if an SLI setup with Nvidia or ATI crossfire might work.

Thanks, phrank. That's an innovative solution ... not one that will work too well for me, though. I'm running on a Mac tower - there's only a limited number of graphics cards that are supported, and 3 head graphics cards are not among the choices. Besides, I don't have room on my table for 3 monitors!! :)

No parameters in a data file that I can adjust to change the placement of the aircraft?

Amar

Yeah you could try running the sim in windowed mode instead of full screen mode, but you would then have to make the non-maximized window only take up part of the second screen.

This makes the target of the view port occur in the main screen partially giving you what you are looking for. But this is a less than optimal solution.

just run down to bestbuy and get the biggest LCD you can afford that has a PC input( they pretty much all have it) bolt it to the wall behind your desk. Then just widen your FOV in the RF settings. I run a 32" myself. I widened mine 10 degrees and it works perfect for me.

Last edited:
rcplanefubar said:
just run down to bestbuy and get the biggest LCD you can afford that has a PC input( they pretty much all have it) bolt it to the wall behind your desk. Then just widen your FOV in the RF settings. I run a 32" myself. I widened mine 10 degrees and it works perfect for me.

I currently have 2 Samsung 245Bs on my desk (24"). What I was hoping to achieve was to have a full 90 degree field of view, avoid the display panning to follow the aircraft, and simply fly across the two monitors!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to post a feature request here in a separate thread; hopefully, if a sufficient number of people see it as valuable, then KE software will see fit to implement in a future version!

Thanks again,

Amar

Back