Mute the music in RealFlight

n1edm

I just installed the RealFlight 7.5 upgrade over my RF 7.0. When I go into the program, there is some background music playing that I don't want.

Can someone please clue me in as to how to turn off the music? I want all the other audio, I just don't want that music. I've been through the menus and can't seem to find anything obvious.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

There is an "emitter" in the airport you have open.

Either select a different airport, or edit the airport you are using to remove the emitter.

That's a new one on me... Where does one find this 'emiter'?? I'm in Joe's Garage right now.

Making Changes in Editor/ Emitter/ Music

First thing is, Good News. RealFlight protects THEIR ORIGINAL files. So don't be afraid to play with them in the editor. Any changes you make, will go into a CUSTOM file, with a name you create, leaving the original, RealFlight FILE, safe.
Note: Custom files created elsewhere, be it, by you, or swap files don't have this protection. If any changes ARE made in editor, before exiting editor, a dialog box will come up, asking, if you want to save changes, or not. If you select NOT, none of the changes will be applied, and your file will remain, as it was, when you entered the editor. No harm no foul! That said...
Seems the MUSIC, is a default, in the Joe's Garage HD. RF 7.5. To Change this...
1) Open Joe's Garage HD
2) Bring up the Main Menu (MFC dialog) (In Full Screen hit Alt. button)
3) Click on "Environment"
4) Click "Edit Joe's Garage HD"
5) Click "+" Objects
6) Click "+" Gas station objects
7) Click "Sound Emitter 2". This will bring up info, in Properties window below.
8) At bottom of list, in Properties window, is, Sound Emitter Volume % "10". Change to "0".
9) Click "File" (Top left corner)
10) Click "Exit to simulator" (this brings up dialog box "Do you want to save changes"
11) Clicking Yes (brings up dialog box)
12) "Enter Name" (I used Joe's Garage HD NO Music)
13) Click "Ok" DONE!:cool:
This will take you to your NEW Custom airport. With No Music!
You can find it again listed under Custom airports/Sierra Nevada/"Joe's Garage HD NO Music" (if thats what you named it),OR in Quick View Menu below the stock file!

Last edited:
Thanks, A-60. That did the trick. I had actually opened up that particular menu but only saw values for trucks, etc. I didn't scroll down far enough. Thanks for showing me that. I couldn't find anything on line or in the instruction manual that came even remotely close to your explanation.

Hint to RealFlight: How about a global command to shut off all background music along with the music from the individual airports.

Thanks again for the tip.

Bob

Thanks, A-60. That did the trick.

I couldn't find anything on line or in the instruction manual that came even remotely close to your explanation.

Yup, there are a lot of things that are not in the manual.

Most here have picked things up via years of hacking away at what Realflight can do.

I'm not sure how long detailed instructions in a manual would be received, but it would be nice to get some official guides on certain advanced topics.

e.g. How to correctly take PANO images and size/place them into Realflight.

That's true about the PANO images. Think about how many Clubs would like to have their own fields in RF. I know that ours would.

Bob

Thanks, A-60. That did the trick. I had actually opened up that particular menu but only saw values for trucks, etc. I didn't scroll down far enough. Thanks for showing me that. I couldn't find anything on line or in the instruction manual that came even remotely close to your explanation.

Hint to RealFlight: How about a global command to shut off all background music along with the music from the individual airports.

Joe's Garage HD is a special case. The radio sitting atop the pumps has a sound emitter tied to it that plays music for verisimilitude. It's just a choice the airport creator made. No other airports have music in them.

There is no option to turn off all music because the sim doesn't have any concept of music. That sound emitter happens to be playing music, but it could just as easily be playing the sound of a cow mooing or a tractor idling. It's just a sound. As far as the sim is concerned, there is nothing special about it.

That's true about the PANO images. Think about how many Clubs would like to have their own fields in RF. I know that ours would.

Bob

Yes sir!

I am often asked about doing that for our club, but our runway sits atop a plateau.

We joke that everyone makes carrier landings at our field.

Thanks for the notes, guys. I didn't know that Joe's Garage was a single case - I just assumed that was with several different airports. I didn't even select it. It just came up by default when I loaded the RF 7.5 Update.

Bob

Whoops! That just sort of slipped out. Now I'm going to get my mouth washed out with soap...

Come to the Knife Edge forums and learn--one way or another! :D

Back