My 2nd modelling project (Boeing 747)

R

Rick Delten

Well I did my 1st project (a shockflyer) in AutoCAD and now I have started a 2nd project (a Boeing 747-400), only this time I am using 3DSMax/Gmax. This is my 1st time modeling anything w/Max so I had to learn alot of stuff :eek: I can tell those of you that are considering learning Gmax that it's worth the time & effort! Max has a very steep learning curve IMO but if you stick w/it you'll make progress.

I have the fuselage,wings, tail and vertical stab modelled and the ailerons, elevator and rudder are all animated correctly (all in a few hours) but still have to add flaps, speedbrakes, windows, engines and gear. Then its paintshop time!

If your going to try modelling make sure you start w/a good 3view of the aircraft and also you need precise dimensions!!

I am not sure if I want to attempt to do the flight model for G3 -any volunteers?

I'll post some screenies in a bit..

Models created in 3DSMax can be exported into Gmax (just tested see screenshot)

thats freaking cool man, that was one of my biggest wants in the sim, sweet work man, you're a well rounded guy!!!

About the physics model, i'll be gladly to make one, I have already modeled a p-38 that carries 300LBs!!!! And feels very real.

If you want to do the physics model that would be great!

I liked to fly the 747 that AFPD had thats why I'm trying to make this one.

nemo_uk said:
Hi Rick,

Nice model :cool: could you post a wireframe?

regards,

Tony.

BTW have you seen this website for blueprints ... http://www.suurland.com
\

DAY 2

Got the 4 engines started!!

I will check out that website right now -thanks! (looking for good 3views)

I don't know how to "render a wireframe" so I took a screenshot of the model in wireframe mode.

Maybe you could tell me how to render a wireframe :confused:

I found a pic of the 747 that comes w/AeroflyPro Deluxe - I think mine might look better than theirs :p

Well, I have the basic physics model for it, so far it weighs 155LBs!!!! It seems to fly like a 747, I guess...all I have left is setting up flaps, speedbrakes and tuning it down, its too aerobatic right now! the 4 turbines are putting out 40 LBs of thrust each, it might be too much for the current weight, would you rather overpower it or have it struggle to take off like the real mccoy???

Sure! this is going to inspire you alot! :eek:

Regards

Attachments

• milh0016k.jpg
    milh0016k.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 156
AsiaSRC said:
Sure! this is going to inspire you alot! :eek:

Regards

AsiaSRC,

A BIG.......WOW.... :eek:

Thats one BIG Beautiful Aircraft!