My Twin Timber is stuck in reverse thrust

Help requested from a newbie. I downloaded the Twin Timber file to practice for my real plane. I can fly everything great in real life, but when coming to the computer my plane goes backwards and my full/crow flaps do not work. None of the switches on the controller (NX8) reverse the thrust. I do not have reverse thrust setup on the real plane. If I enable the software radio mixes, it goes forward and flies normally, minus the flap setup. D/Rs work without clicking the checkbox. Flap setup doesn't work with or without and software mixes.

Any help in troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Mapping switches in your NX8 to functions in RF is done through the Controller Profile in RF.

First you'll need a model on the NX8 that has a default Acro setup with a "normal" wing type and "normal" tail type. Then you'll want to make sure that you have channels 5-8 (Gear, Aux1-Aux3) assigned to other switches so that all 8 channels are functional.

Next, you'd go through the Controller Profile in RF and make sure that all of your switches have been assigned to virtual RF channels.

I have some walkthroughs on the setup on both the radio side and the RF side. If you're connecting wirelessly using a WS1000 or 2000 USB receiver dongle, this one will help. If you're connecting your NX8 to the computer via USB, this one will help. There is no functional advantage to either wireless or USB, as the NX8 will limit both solutions to 8 channels. If you connect via USB, the PC will charge the NX8 while you're playing. Of course, if you go wireless, you're not attached to the computer.

It's worth noting that the reverse thrust on the Twin Timber is associated with RealFlight Channel 12. I've mentioned that channel in the writeups as 12 is used for the Panic button on a few other models. The same info will apply to reverse thrust on the Twin Timber.

Back