Need help with F-16 for RF 9

wdimpfl

First, I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm doing something wrong. I recently assembled a new PC and bought RF-9 and a dongle for using my Spektrum DX-9 transmitter to help me hone my flying skills for the e-flite Thunderbird F-16 70 mm EDF. My problem is I can't figure out how to find the the F-16 EA (Entire Aircraft) file for this airplane. I found F-16 AV (Aircraft Variant) files in the KnifeEdge database which called for "F-16 from Add Ons 2," which I found and added to the Real Flight 9 data folder. But the Add Ons 2 file didn't include an F-16! What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thank you in advance.AF97FB8B-03E5-4A5F-A086-6C251C3F617F_1_105_c.jpeg

wdimpfl, you're not doing anything wrong. The old Add-Ons volume 2 did contain an F-16. The problem is that licensing issues forced us to exclude that F-16 from RealFlight at this time. That means content on the swap pages that is based on it won't load either.

However, there is some good news. For one thing, we expect that F-16 to become available again in a future update. For another, any user-created F-16 EAs on the swap pages will still work. I haven't flown the one BrokeDad linked, but I would expect it to be high quality.

I didn't realize some of the add-on planes had been disabled in the newer versions of RF. But when I loaded up 7.5 which I still have installed it's there - F-16 Falcon (Turbine). Thanks for the information.

The user one I linked does need quite a bit of work to fly properly in the newer versions. I just tried it today.

Thank you both! I loaded the F-16 suggested by BrokeDad but couldn't get the Thunderbird color scheme to load. It is harder to fly than my real-life E-flite F-16, but that will give me a chance to use the airplane editor to see if I can change that.

Back