New guy just installed evolution rookie issues

Type "Nvidia Control panel" into the Windows search box, start the NVidia app,
Select "Configure Surround PhysX" (left screen)
In the right-side screen, click on the drop-down arrow next to the "PhysX settings and select the Nvidia GPU. (see pictures)
Click the "Apply" tab (bottom right of screen) and select Yes, to apply settings.
I suggest you restart Windows, then start RF Evolution.
Post back results.View attachment 135884View attachment 135885View attachment 135886
Type "Nvidia Control panel" into the Windows search box, start the NVidia app,
Select "Configure Surround PhysX" (left screen)
In the right-side screen, click on the drop-down arrow next to the "PhysX settings and select the Nvidia GPU. (see pictures)
Click the "Apply" tab (bottom right of screen) and select Yes, to apply settings.
I suggest you restart Windows, then start RF Evolution.
Post back results.View attachment 135884View attachment 135885View attachment 135886

Tried latest instructions NVidia GeForce RTXnnnn is now in window as shown above. Killed RF and shutdown laptop. Rebooted laptop then started RF. Same issue...it just zooms in on a pic of a jet sitting on a runway. Controller LEDS are illuminated. I also installed a powered USB hub per instructions I read that sometimes the laptop USB power at the USB port is not sufficient to correctly power the controller.

Wondering if we could talk one on one about this, I truly appreciate you help but perhaps this is not the most efficient way to communicate with the one step at a time way we have been "talking". If you are up for it I can send you my phone number via a private message and we can set up a time for a call?

What is the make and model of your laptop, I need to see the CPU and GPU specs, before I guide you through the DXVK or DX11 beta install.
DX11 would be the better option.

I sent you a PM.

What is the make and model of your laptop, I need to see the CPU and GPU specs, before I guide you through the DXVK or DX11 beta install.
DX11 would be the better option.

I sent you a PM.
ok will forward data tomorrow AM. I am in eastern time zone...Atlanta.

Let me add some pictures to what I described a couple of days ago. Maybe that will help. I just went through this with a new Asus Q540 laptop.

To get RF Evolution (normal version, not DX 11 Beta) to work, I had to go to Settings > Display > Graphics.

1693620913191.png

RF was not listed on this screen, so I had to go into "Add an app" by choosing "Desktop app" and then clicking browse.
The file I selected for RF was:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RealFlight Evolution\RealFlight64.exe

That got RF to appear in the list of apps on this screen.

1693621027108.png

Then I was able to click on RF Evolution and change the settings for it. It defaults to "Let Windows decide (Power saving)" like the other programs. You can change it to "High performance", which is the nVidia card.

1693621074293.png

That's all I had to do. Then RF would play rather than freezing up.

For what it's worth, my laptop doesn't seem to want to let me change things in nVidia Control Panel.

On the "Manage 3D Settings" screen, I have that at the default of "Auto-select". If I change it, it reminds me that this is really being controlled by Windows.

1693621202615.png

My PhysX setting is also at the default, also "Auto-select".
1693621234526.png

After having used nVidia cards in desktop PC's for years, this whole thing with letting Windows manage which video card to use on a per-application basis is really new to me. I guess it's doing this because using nVidia eats up a lot of battery power, while using the Intel video makes the battery last a lot longer. It's strange, but it works!

@RayO, you have done everything else so now let's go back to my post #1, install DX11 beta. Especially now the 10.00.066 version has been released and fixed the majority of known bugs.
Follow the instructions.

How to Get the DX11 Beta Build
  1. Restart your Steam client to ensure it is aware of the new version.
    1. Right-click the Steam icon in your system tray and select Exit.
    2. Once everything closes, run Steam again.
  2. Right-click on RealFlight Evolution name in your Steam library, then select Properties…
  3. In the Properties window, select Betas on the left.
  4. Click the Beta Participation dropdown control to expand the list.
  5. Select “publicbeta_directx11”.
  6. Close the Properties dialog. (Red X in top right corner) and wait for the DX11 download/install to complete, the "Play" button will be blue color and say "Pause" while the Beta is installing, then it will return to the green play button again when the process completes.

Tip of the hat, a "well done" and a thank you to asj5547 !

I downloaded the DX11 Beta software and the plane is flying now rather than just sitting on the runway ignoring all input from the controller!

👍🙂

Back