New Multiplayer beta - .045

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Teibel

There's a new multiplayer beta out.

What is different:

We made several fixes to deal with players being connected to sessions they shouldn't be connected to (and hearing voice chat from people outside their session).

Made a change to prevent players from seeing "copies" of themselves in a session.

As always, post what you're seeing - thanks guys.

It's worth noting that you don't need to enter the tech support code when installing this version, ONLY IF you've already entered that code. It hasn't changed in the last couple releases.

That's why the instructions say to skip steps 2-4 if you're already connected to the public beta server. ;)

This thread is 3 hours old, and no troubles reported. I know that Chris and Joe were able to get data right from the sessions, but I think that .045 seems very stable. Keep up the good work, KE!

Verifying connectivity

I am having a problem during the verifying connectivity stage of entry into joining a session. There seems to be an endless loop from which I cannot break out of. I cannot regain control of the machine and end up doing a power off.

Hosting "This Update Looks Good!" right now.

I named it that for a reason! ;)

1. Ok, first problem of the day. Session was going good, had one person in the session, then another joined. Later when one of the people changed their planes to the "KingCat", I got an error out. Keep in mind, this is a stock plane and I got the error right at the moment when it said "... is flying the KingCat".

I'm wondering if a full "Complete Refresh" should fix this.

2. Hosted a session for more than a hour. I was not flying when I heard the infamous "Dink" of the error. I came back to the computer and it had errored. I was not on the computer when it happened so I don't know what the cause was.

Last edited:
I was in that session that crashed and had just joined for about 30 seconds, saw the same message then I was disconnected and returned to local field... cannot seem to rejoin.

Finally managed to rejoin... stayed about 20 minutes... finally a third person joined-DWS.

Last edited:
Dropped

I was droppedin one session but just happened the once,Chris McVey asked me about it then , also i can't seem to turn off the mic , as i have no mic on my computer , and the sim doesn't let me have the option , it shows the option but will not let me change to voice off , but people say its turned on not sure whats up with that.

Last edited:
wjkssmd said:
I am having a problem during the verifying connectivity stage of entry into joining a session. There seems to be an endless loop from which I cannot break out of. I cannot regain control of the machine and end up doing a power off.

So you are saying it never stops trying to "verify connectivity"?

yak_54pilot said:
...I got an error out. Keep in mind, this is a stock plane and I got the error right at the moment when it said "... is flying the KingCat".
yak_54pilot said:
2. Hosted a session for more than a hour. I was not flying when I heard the infamous "Dink" of the error. I came back to the computer and it had errored.

By "error out" (and "..had errored") do you mean that the sim crashed i.e. closed unexpectedly then asked if you wanted to send an error report?

If so and you did say it was ok to send the information to Knife Edge, the good news is we can take a look at this cause of the crash via the report sent to our servers. I'll take a look at those in the morning.

wjkssmd said:
...cannot seem to rejoin.

Yes, if the hosts session crashes, it will remain listed on the list server until the server recieves notification that the host has lost connection. Since his session crashed and he later restarted, this explains why you couldn't connect but then could later on.

I'll look at the crash reports in the morning and hopefully we'll be able to find the reason his session crashed (assuming a report was submitted).

Joe Teibel said:
By "error out" (and "..had errored") do you mean that the sim crashed i.e. closed unexpectedly then asked if you wanted to send an error report?

If so and you did say it was ok to send the information to Knife Edge, the good news is we can take a look at this cause of the crash via the report sent to our servers. I'll take a look at those in the morning.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean and I did choose the option to send you guys the crash report both times.

Thanks!

Well Ive been having a great time .. through the evening (on and off) ... I could join with out error or any kind (but i did not stay in any one session to long and moved around looking for X-over
did not see ANY X- over
The only thing that is on again , off again with me as Chris M. already know's is that I can hear folks on the v. chat but have trouble being heard.
Dispite passing both the r.f. mic. test and the windows xp mic. test
sometimes I could fix it by exiting , re-booting and re-joining but as that was 50\50 I'm not SURE if that's what is helping that situation.
.045 is deffinetly looking good...for me at least.
We'll see what the rest of the eve. and tomorrow will bring.
GOOD JOB GUYS !!

Last edited:
doug schluter said:
...also i can't seem to turn off the mic , as i have no mic on my computer , and the sim doesn't let me have the option , it shows the option but will not let me change to voice off , but people say its turned on not sure whats up with that.

I think what you are reporting here is that while you do not have a mic and voice chat is disabled, other players in a session with you are reporting that they see your voice indicator lighting up as if you were talking. Is that correct?

Let me know. Thanks for the report.

Pros:

- Multiplayer connectivity is much better.
- Almost all attempts that I've made to connect have been successful.
- No CTD's upon exiting Multiplayer.

Cons:

- After jumping into and out of MP several times my Interlink is no longer seen by G4.5.

The time interval in which this happens is variable. But G4.x reports "no valid interlink".

On one occasion I noticed that the Interlink's light on my hub went out ( this happens even w/o a hub ) so I unplugged it and plugged it into a different port.
I got no response from any USB devices associated with that hub.

Thinking that my hub had hung up, I disconnected & reconnected it and repowered it completely. No go.

I then went into the registry to remove the hub device to "bump" XP into reactivating it. I was unable to do so, G4.5 had somehow locked the registry keys.

After a reboot I could remove the USB devices and let XP rediscover them, but this was unnecessary anyway.

On a subsequent occasion where the Interlink went offline, I exited G4.5 and checked the state of the Interlink via the "game devices" control panel applet in the control panel. The Interlink was still responding fine to XP and it was powered... yet G4.5 had seen it as offline.

I've had this same problem on two machines I've tested MP on, both Quad Core machines.

This had also happened with the prior MP patches after attempting MP connections.

Only did very short preliminary test connecting to two sessions and hosting one; nobody joined, but it's late and there were few pilots online plus I didn't host long so I doubt anybody tried.

I was able to connect to two sessions and in the short time I was there I didn't have any problems.

Reading quicky through other posts it seems there may be a bit more tweaking to do but, give credit where it is due; keep up the good work guys, this is a step in the right direction! :)

Yes exactly that... it does not come out of that stage and I cannot go to the task manager and shut down the process. I end up reaching for the power switch of last resort. It has happened several times. Once I got connected, it seemed to work nicely... I appreciate all the work you guys are doing to make it work. WinXp SP3, using Linksys Router.

This is new... I crashed to desktop from the last session last night, I was tired so I just shut down... when I went to open RF this morning it took me to the multiplayer airport. No connection of course. I was typing a forum message when it just suddenly shut down last night. Good 1/2 hour session this morning @ needtape... no problems.

I found that my Spybot Search and Destroy was causing some of the port problems which disappeared when I removed that from the equation.

Joe Teibel said:
So you are saying it never stops trying to "verify connectivity"?

Last edited:
session ID is invalid

I tried to connec to "Blinky's House of Plane!" at 9 am est. Got a message that the Session ID is not Valid. and failed to initialize game interface or set up a connected player.

Also I still can't connect to Johns session called "OHYA BETA 045" I put my router back in the network and I get the "you have lost you internet connection" message. It never tried to load the AP but it does list John as having entered the flying area and then immediately disconnects.

Other than Blinky and John I have no trouble joining other sessions and as far as I know no trouble hosting.

Left the host run all night and no errors and it appeared that most people got in ok. 045 seems to be much more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back