New Multiplayer beta - .045

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird Blue Window

I had a weird thing happen earlier, I don't know what this is or if it's related to MP but, so far this has happened to me twice and both times while running an MP session and leaving the machine unattended for a period of time.

Early this morning I had .045 running and hosting a session, minimized the session and left it running for a while ( say an hour, I didn't think to look at the time ) and when I came back and restored the window the entire window was a darkish blue color. I tried switching airports, but all the samples of the airports were blue as well. Nothing I did seemed to make any difference. I shut the application down and restarted and the problem was gone.

No clue what it was as it didn't throw any errors either.

Chris McVey said:
Tyler P,

Another way you can get this message.

If you are trying to join a host that has hit "ALT" the client joining will get the message.

So it nothing that you did. It's on the host side as far as we can see right now.

We are looking at this on our end.

Thanks Chris McVey

Okay, good. I just tried about 10 times to join NeedTape and JimmyG's sessions that are up and running, and I'll I get is that error. I was able to join Jimmy's session about half an hour ago, but now the error.

When I try to join GimmyG's session I get the "session ID is not valid" etc. message but I can join Need Tape's session.

Chris McVey said:
Do you have a screen saver running? Was the screen saver on when you came back to look at RF?

The only screen saver I ever use is the Blank screen saver. It's the same one I have always used and never seen an issue before.

Chris McVey said:
Tyler P,

Another way you can get this message. If you are trying to join a host that has hit "ALT" the client joining will get the message. So it nothing that you did. It's on the host side as far as we can see right now. We are looking at this on our end.

Thanks Chris McVey

So, if a host is editing an airplane or doing something in the menu system that in essence block users from joining?

js3862 said:
So, if a host is editing an airplane or doing something in the menu system that in essence block users from joining?

No,

There are 3 different things going on.

1) If the Host is in the aircraft select, aircraft editor or airport select the client will still be able to join with no hesitation.

2) If the Host has a drop down menu open and someone tries to join, they will get "host is busy" and continue trying to join.

3) If a client is in the process of joining and gets as far as making the connection but not to receiving the setup information they need from the host e.g. the host opens the menu while the client is connecting, the message will be that the sessionID is invalid or that you failed to sync clocks.

Chris McVey said:
No,

There are 3 different things going on.

1) If the Host is in the aircraft select, aircraft editor or airport select the client will still be able to join with no hesitation.

2) If the Host has a drop down menu open ,say having the arrow over "Simulator". The client will get a host is busy and continue trying to reconnect until the host has movied the arrow away from the drop down menu.

3)If the Host has hit the "Alt" key the client trying to join will see a error message.

"session ID not valid" " Failed to initialize game interface or to setup a connected player. You are not connected to a multiplayer session"

Ok, so once the host has exited the actual menu system and is doing anything else they should be fine.

I'm sure that the reason for this is probably some safeguard you guys had to build into the program to prevent a change the host could make from affecting a joining client or crashing the host but, it seems an odd thing to prevent a connection.

Thanks for the clarification.

I have gotten that error every time I've tried to join a session since first getting on at JimmyG's session. I can't get past it.

Chris McVey said:
If you are joining a host that has the same airport you are at, the message should not show up.
This is not what I am Experiencing at all !
I AM still getting this message while trying to join JimmyG's Evergreen session even though I am at evergreen before I even try to join a session
ALSO right after not being able to join jimmy's
I had no problem JOINING need tapes sod farm session EVEN though I was Still at Evergreen! ..AND if we have to be in the exact AP before trying to join ...
What's going to happen with "custom AP variants edits from AP's like sierra nevada ,fight school etc.??
Where before all you needed was the "Base" AP ..is that going to remain the same???
Did you guys change this this after noon because it was working great all last night and this morning .....MY opinion is we've taken a step backwards since this morning with this "New development" As it never seemed to be a problem before ,,,Ive been joining sessions from "other airports" with NO problem!... Now when I have the same airport as JimmyG yet still can't join JimmyG's! .

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
This is not what I am Experiencing at all !
I AM still getting this message while trying to join JimmyG's Evergreen session even though I am at evergreen before I even try to join a session
ALSO right after not being able to join jimmy's
I had no problem JOINING need tapes sod farm session EVEN though I was Still at Evergreen! ..AND if we have to be in the exact AP before trying to join ...
What's going to happen with "custom AP variants edits from AP's like sierra nevada ,fight school etc.??
Where before all you needed was the "Base" AP ..is that going to remain the same???
Did you guys change this this after noon because it was working great all last night and this morning .....MY opinion is we've taken a step backwards since this morning with this "New development"

I see the issue now Maj,

We will look at it.

Thanks Chris McVey

I never had great success with JimmyG's session even when I had version 021 and 025. Could there be something wrong on his end?

I was just on Needtapes session for about a hour with no probs at all. Three other people also joined and left with no probs that I know of.

yak_54pilot said:
I never had great success with JimmyG's session even when I had version 021 and 025. Could there be something wrong on his end?

In our testing here in the lab, we've had some routers, usually lower-end NetGear and Belking routers, with ports forwarded that consistently fail to join a session or vice-versa, players connecting to them can't join or get dropped right away.

opjose said:
This is about the 5th or so time I've seen it.
I believe I have never seen this occur when I have not been attempting to run or to connect to a multiplayer session.
I have had it happen at least 10 times since installing .045 in mp and in single player i just have to "select controller" again ..... but it is annoying
opjose said:
but I know that the computer or rather G4.5 is causing the problem.
WHAT I'm worried about is if it does this while exiting or launching RF .... it won't let you launch RF because it will error with "no interlink found" although it in fact IS plugged in!!!
As you said it probably IS an RF program error ...what'll we do then!!!

Last edited:
Joe Teibel said:
In our testing here in the lab, we've had some routers, usually lower-end NetGear and Belking routers, with ports forwarded that consistently fail to join a session or vice-versa, players connecting to them can't join or get dropped right away.

That makes sense.
I think if you guys posted a list of all these "incompatible" routers, you would benefit everyone and all those who are going to buy G4.5 in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back