New Photo field, ESSK in Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyld

Hi!

I went out with my camera to the air strip ESSK in Gavle / Sweden the other day and made a panorama pic.

I have put the .G3X file on my website for download and installing in your G3 sim.
Pleas let me know what you think.
What can I do better the next time?

You will find the file here:
http://gyld.online.se/g3

Attachments

• essk1.jpg
    essk1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 71
  • essk2.jpg
    essk2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 61
Nice to here that you like it.

Tony: I uses a Canon 10D with a 20-35mm lens. Then I uses PhotoShop CS2 to make the actual pano.

I will make some more Photofields later on.
Right now I'm working on an indoor photo.

You will all see in the forum when it is ready.

Best regards

/Kenneth Gyld

ESSK in non-G3X version?

Kenneth,

My G3 version is .410 which apparently does not support the new G3X format files/transfers... Unfortunately it is not currently feasible for me to do an online update to G3 version .430 unless/until it is released like version .410 as a stand alone download. I am in rural America with only very slow dial up service for my G3 computer.

At a faster connect speed in town, I just downloaded your ESSK photofield only to discover that I cannot use it with my system. I can import and use other custom photofields complete with associated collision objects, so I believe the only limiting factor is the new G3X file format.

Would it be possible for you to also make your photo scenery available for the classic G3 users? I am especially interested to study your implementation of the collision programing which I find very tedious... I hope to learn some new tricks!!

Thanks,

Charlie Cagle

Kenneth,
Would it be possible for you to write up a 'What you did' to create the photo field? I think it looks great and would like to create one as well. From the reading I did previously I tried to create a Pano simply by stitching 360 degrees worth of pictures together but the result was poor and as I read deeper, it seemed that I needed to capture the pictures in some strange format (for me) as opposed to simply photo stitch.

If you could write up a tutorial, I for one would certainly benefit. I have PS CS2 as well and a simple digital camera and would love to recreate what you did at my local field.

Neil

Problems loading ESSK field...

Opjose,

Thanks for your response and insight re the necessary g3x/zip conversion... I did rename the g3x file as you suggested and then it unzipped as expected.

However the included files have some unexpected naming conventions, and even when placed in the proper G3 folders, the ESSK Photofield does not work for me. It does load and "run"... i.e. the selected aircraft displays and even flys, but there is no "scenery" only a gray background, no scenery image at all, and an error saying the "Rrberg.photofield cannot be located..."

Note the attached screen capture showing the list of files as extracted from the re-named g3x/zip file following the unzip process... Note especially the 'division symbol' in the .photofield and .dds file names... (Of course I copied the files to the appropriate G3 folders before starting G3 and attempting to select the new Photofield).

I expected all of the associated Photofield files to show the exact same naming convention. That is, I would expect the .objectG3 and .airportG3 files to bear the exact same name as the .photofield file... and also the Folder and the 6 .dds files located in the separate Airports folder...

BTW it did not help to rename the odd "R-rberg_1.dds and R-rberg.photofield" files to a more conventional Rrberg_1.dds & Rrberg.photofield eliminating the 'division' symbol... But now I'm stuck (again)...

Can anyone help me understand what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Bucko

Attachments

• ESSK field.jpg
    ESSK field.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back