New Public Beta update available: .377

Status
Not open for further replies.
.377 Update went Smooth

I installed the update and everything seems to be working so far. I am now able to use full screen and the resolution settings are persistant.

I am running a ASUS NVIDIA V9980 Ultra (GeForce FX5950 Ultra)

Operating System: XP Professional with SR2
1GB RAM Memory
3.2GHz Intel Processor

I am getting the following framerates although I question if they are correct:

G3 Airport: Fun Fly Modified (Removed most of the items and have left a bare field with a runway)

G3 Airplane: NexStar Modified

On Ground Frames / Second: 115 - 120
In Air Frames / Second: 175 - 200

Thanks for the update !!!!!

.377 Update

Thanks for the update .
The improvements are quite effective . I have broadband ADSL and with a download rate of 1650 kb/sec it only took a very short while to download .
It is good to see you guys at KE working so effectively to fix these bugs .
I would very much like to ask you if you could put the Collective Pitch display in the Nav guides when you next do an update. It is so usefull when using your own radio to set up the pitch as you can see just what you actually are getting at various stick positions.
Apart from that I have no other real issues with G3 and I am very satisfied with it .
Keep up the good work
Rod H
:) :) :)

Hi,
I installed the update and seems to be working well.
I am now able to use full screen and the resolution settings are persistant.

I'm not able change in mode 1 Radio in Gadget but i don't know how do this.

Operating System: XP Professional with SR2
2.6GHz Intel Processor
1GB RAM Memory
video ATI ASUS 9600XT 128 MB driver Omega catalyst 5.1

Sorry for my english. I'm Italian

Gianni

Robert Willis said:
I am getting the following framerates although I question if they are correct:

G3 Airport: Fun Fly Modified (Removed most of the items and have left a bare field with a runway)

G3 Airplane: NexStar Modified

On Ground Frames / Second: 115 - 120
In Air Frames / Second: 175 - 200

Thanks for the update !!!!!

That sounds about right for a G2 airport without any objects. Especially if you're running w/o shadows or you have adjusted other graphics options - totally reasonable.

Question about the beta update version .377

When the full update patch is release, will that overide the beta patch that was previously install by doing the update through the Launcher ? How do you revert your Launcher update utility back to download the release patch.?

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you're wondering what will happen when a public beta version is made fully public, the Launcher will detect the change the next time you do any online updates activity and will switch back to the public site. You won't need to re-download the update. If you want to switch back to the full public site for your update, enter UCBK as a tech support code. You shouldn't have any need to do this, though, since all the versions available via the public site are also available via the public beta site; it's just that there are additional versions available there (.366 and .377).

I hope this answers your question.

Just updated and seems to run slightly faster but I have found that during the spin up of helis they seem to spin around on the ground, it didn't do it before the update so I think this may be problem. Can this be confirmed?
thanks for a brilliant product.

Thanks Ryan for your reply. One more question, how does the Launcher do the upgrade. Does it totally replace files that needs updating or does it just modify the files to include new changes ?

kktoh said:
Thanks Ryan for your reply. One more question, how does the Launcher do the upgrade. Does it totally replace files that needs updating or does it just modify the files to include new changes ?
It replaces the files, but it does so using a caching system. That's what makes it possible to easily bounce back and forth between versions that you've already downloaded. That cache is also what the "Clear Online Cache" button deletes (ditto for that option during uninstall).

3.77 installed no problem ran with about a 10% improvement in Frame rate but when I hosted a MP session tonight all was well until someone tried to join. The FR would go from 60-80 down to 1.5 FPS . It didn't seem to mater whether the players had the new version or not (panos joined and said he had 3.77 and he saw the same thing). :(

1024/728/32 85 hz windowed

System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
Memory: 384MB RAM
DX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video Card: RADEON 9800 PRO
MFR: ATI Technologies Inc.
Version: 6.14.0010.6497 (English)
Date: 11/30/2004 22:12:50, 221184 bytes
CD-ROM (?:\) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) IDE-CD R/RW 8x4x32 (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5232K (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) SONY CD-RW CRX160E (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) TDK CDRW4800B (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) _NEC DV-5800A (?)
Installed in: D:\Realflight G3
Free Disk Space (D:\): 43941 mb free
RFG2 Serial: ********-g2-**********
RFG3 Serial: ********-G3-**********
Interlink Controller Serial: *******-ic-******
Interlink Plus Controller Serial: *******-I2-******
RF AddOn1 Serial: ********-g2-**********
RF AddOn2 Serial: ********-g2-**********
RF AddOn4 Serial: ********-r4-**********
RF AddOn5 Serial: ********-R5-*********
Launcher Version: 1.00.133
RealFlight G3: 3.00.366 (note this is after I reverted back to 366 from 377

Dominion 3d panos, (I had the 8 Ball) and some sort of plank and a tilt rotor for others. We could just barely communicate with about 10 sec latency on the chat

And now with 366 loaded I get a server error :( (I hope that's all l it is) :confused:

Last edited:
everything is working great.. had no problems with the install,

but i did find a bug, in multiy mode.. when you leave a "room" and come back to the fun fly feild on single player if you will.. it locks up at 85 objects every time.. where before the beta patch.. i didnt lock up once.. :eek:

r1derbike said:
snip

At this point, I'm going to uninstall G3, reinstall, update it with the heli-update, and leave it at that until the bugs are worked-out. You should have all my system information on file, and I can't give you any more details besides the above.

Good Luck!

Charles

I had the same problem with the latest public version (have not upgraded to beta yet) and fixed it by moving the file from the snapshot directory to desktop. I still have the offending file if KE is interested.

Harry

Please send me that file!!! Pretty please!

As for the multiplayer performance, I don't know what has happened. I haven't made any multiplayer changes since before .366, so I know it isn't the multiplayer code. I'll do some more multiplayer testing tonight to see if I can reproduce the problem that you're seeing. I would've done it last night, but the server was down.

Travis

MoreBeer said:
everything is working great.. had no problems with the install,

but i did find a bug, in multiy mode.. when you leave a "room" and come back to the fun fly feild on single player if you will.. it locks up at 85 objects every time.. where before the beta patch.. i didnt lock up once.. :eek:

I'm not real clear on the steps you took to reproduce this bug. Could you explain step by step what you did to get G3 to hang. Please include what aircraft you had, what airport you were at, and each step you took, from the time you started the sim, to get it to hang. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back