New Public Beta update available: .377

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there not a link to this download.
I've not registered G3 yet as it's a pain if you want to run it on more than one machine.
After all, I only have one controller, so can only use one copy at a time

Download status window not responding

The download status window does not show the status of the download. It hangs at 25k of 4616k download the RealFlight.exe. However, the download is still in progress as I can see the file size increasing in the OnlineCache directory.

By the way, after finishing download, is it possible for me to make a backup of the OnlineCache directory so that if I reinstall RealFlight, I can update to the latest version without having to download the files again ?

john williams said:
Then why do I keep getting the messge"your are running the most current version"
Please help, I am running .366

The update is a beta version right now so the update is available on the public beta server, which is seperate from the public release server. This update is not a full public release yet so it won't show up for the updater until you follow the steps Ryan outlines in the first post on this thread to get the update.

heliart said:
Is there not a link to this download.
I've not registered G3 yet as it's a pain if you want to run it on more than one machine.
After all, I only have one controller, so can only use one copy at a time

No, the direct download for the heli update was a special case. Actually, there's no reason you can't register G3 on a couple different machines. If you register it on every computer you see, you will run into problems, but if you want to install on a home machine and a work machine, for example, go ahead and register it on each.

kktoh said:
The download status window does not show the status of the download. It hangs at 25k of 4616k download the RealFlight.exe. However, the download is still in progress as I can see the file size increasing in the OnlineCache directory.
Yes, the online updates dialog does not refresh itself while the update is in progress. This is something we'll improve in a future update. As you've noted, though, the program does continue operating even though the dialog doesn't respond.

kktoh said:
By the way, after finishing download, is it possible for me to make a backup of the OnlineCache directory so that if I reinstall RealFlight, I can update to the latest version without having to download the files again ?
Absolutely. In fact, if you are performing updates via a dial-up connection, or are the sort of person who likes to make backups of things just in case, I recommend doing it. Just don't rename or otherwise modify any of the files stored in that directory and you'll be fine.

Plane drifting on the runway

I'm now using version .377 I notice that the plane is rolling/drifting on the runway even with no throttle applied. It didn't happen before the update.

kktoh said:
I'm now using version .377 I notice that the plane is rolling/drifting on the runway even with no throttle applied. It didn't happen before the update.
You're right, this is a new problem in .377. We will fix it for the next update.

Revert back to previous version

If I want to revert back to previous versions, do I do this using the Launcher ?

kktoh said:
If I want to revert back to previous versions, do I do this using the Launcher ?
Yes. Click the Registration/Updates button, then click Update to Specific Version. Select the version you want from the list (you can read the release notes that go with each), and click OK to download the selected version (unless it's already been downloaded and is in your cache, in which case that step is skipped).

I installed the .377 Beta and it was painless and easy, following your directions.

Improvements I have noticed are an increased fps and the P-38 now steers much better and tighter.

I also noticed that I can visually see all the various airplane wheels turning as the plane rolls. I am sure that before .377 the wheels were fixed?

Problems I noticed are the same "creeping" along the ground when no throttle is applied. But my G2 had the same issue and so I guess I didn't get bugged by it. I can kill the engine and it stops creeping. Kinda like real life anyway.

Chrisman21 said:
Hello, So far my G3 was running without any problems until I put the new update on. For some reason I cannot play online. I get this error message that says "Error creating effect G3TerrainRed" and then the game shutsdown. Everything else works fine.

Chris

I am also getting the "Error creating effect G3TerrainRed" message then crash to desktop. I have never once been able to connect throughout any of the updates -but I can host??

peefiftyonefan said:
I am also getting the "Error creating effect G3TerrainRed" message then crash to desktop. I have never once been able to connect throughout any of the updates -but I can host??

I'm also getting this error then crash to desktop when trying to connect to some host. (ver .377) Others works fine. Is it because of compatibility issue between different versions ?

Kmot said:
I installed the .377 Beta and it was painless and easy, following your directions.

Improvements I have noticed are an increased fps and the P-38 now steers much better and tighter.

I also noticed that I can visually see all the various airplane wheels turning as the plane rolls. I am sure that before .377 the wheels were fixed?

Problems I noticed are the same "creeping" along the ground when no throttle is applied. But my G2 had the same issue and so I guess I didn't get bugged by it. I can kill the engine and it stops creeping. Kinda like real life anyway.

Kmot, the plane still creeps even with the engine killed.

Joe Teibel said:
I'm not real clear on the steps you took to reproduce this bug. Could you explain step by step what you did to get G3 to hang. Please include what aircraft you had, what airport you were at, and each step you took, from the time you started the sim, to get it to hang. Thanks!

i was in multi mode.. on the fun fly feild: i was flyin the P51 then left multi mode.. the sim as defalt goes back to what ever fly feild you where at before you joined multi mode.. so in this case it was back to fun fly feild.. the textures hang at 85.. like the bar moves up 3/4 of the way then just stops.. the hole proggy hangs.. hope this clears up what im tryin to explain better.. im kinda boozed up at the moment cuse its TGIF!! =) THX morebeer

Jumping frame rate

With the latest update .377, I'm getting about 2 FPS more. However, the frame rate value jumps up and down quite a lot. ie mine jumps between 31 FPS and 50FPS while the plane is stationary on the ground. Is this a bug or is this caused by the drifting of the plane on the ground with no throttle ? Before the update, it was quite stable around 28 and 29 FPS.

377 Beta Problem

I've noticed with the new Beta release, the Dominion does not fly nearly as well.

In multiplayer event mode it barely has enough power to lift off and it spins to left even with full right rudder. I recalibrated my Interlink controller and still the same thing. This is on the RealFlight Ranch airport.

The night before in multiplayer mode, the Dominion would go crazy when it was reset. It was just on the RealFlight Ranch airport.

Progneto

For repaints and edited aircraft go to Http://www.UtahWest.com/RC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back