New Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

rruiz

I am so happy using my version of Real flight deluxe with the add ons #3 (Raptor) that I just bought , that I want to use my Futaba radio PCM1024ZH FP-9ZHP.

The only question I have is: I have heard that the radio could be damage using the sim.

Please comment

I don't remember ever hearing that the radio could be damaged. But you could damage it if you use and don't remove the chanel module. Removing it basically turns off the transmitter and the transmitter should not be turned on for long periods with the antenna lowered. It puts to much reflected power back into the output transistor. You can check this with any ham op. Ask about the risk of very high swr on a transistor transmitter system. A benefit of removing the module is that the drain on the battery is very low and you can probably operate the radio for 20 hours on a single charge. Goodluck...

As a general rule... if the RF section is generating an output signal you should remove the transmitter module or extend the antenna.

You can look at the Home screen of the 9Z to tell if it is the RF section is generating output or not. You will see a flashing message that reads ON AIR when it is transmitting. When you connect the DSC/Buddy/Interlink lead the 9Z will come on automatically. It will not be transmitting in this case, so you do not need to remove the module.

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back