New Simulator Being Made Ready

I like the mobile app. I have been playing it on my Galaxy S4. I I will try it later on my tablet. It's better than any mobile flight simulator I Have tried. I still miss the interlink though.

This thread is about Real Tree.... start your own thread :)
Can't wait to get my hands on Real Sub.
Rats... the mobil version will not work on my phone.

Last edited:
RealSub looks intense....but seriously, the mobile app rocks. I'm buying flingsticks right now. You should offer a discount pack for people who will buy everything at once! And I would gladly pay about $10-$20 for a season pass that will unlock everything and any planned future content!

Yup, the piecemeal "in app purchases" drive me nuts.

Either let me buy it or not, don't yank my chain.

Ryan, the prop collision needs a little work. Take the stearman from a still position, add full down elevator, then full throttle. You'll end up on the top wing. You can then add full up and go back on the mains and takeoff. Just a minor detail. Just wish there were a free 3D model.

Ryan, the prop collision needs a little work. Take the stearman from a still position, add full down elevator, then full throttle. You'll end up on the top wing. You can then add full up and go back on the mains and takeoff. Just a minor detail. Just wish there were a free 3D model.

The yak is a little disappointing for 3d it isn't like the yak in the sim at all.... Maybe it's just the controls that doesn't work well. It flies good as a sport plane though. Needs a button for smoke now...

RealSub looks intense....but seriously, the mobile app rocks. I'm buying flingsticks right now. You should offer a discount pack for people who will buy everything at once! And I would gladly pay about $10-$20 for a season pass that will unlock everything and any planned future content!

Flingsticks I do not want... what I'd really like is support for hardware game controllers, like these:

http://gizmodo.com/clamp-on-controller-bolsters-the-ipad-minis-gaming-prow-1592516640

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HE760VC/A/steelseries-stratus-wireless-gaming-controller

The flying games I've seen on XBox use the stick to incrementally advance and retard the throttle, rather than as an absolute control. Include auto trim, and you have a recipe for flying quite nicely with game pads.

I have seen two different methods for auto trim: in one system, you press and hold a button, center the stick, then release the button. The trim will adjust so that the control surface is centered on the previous stick position (before you pressed the trim button.) The other method involves just slowly advancing the trim toward the current stick position; if a stick is held off-center for more than a few seconds, the trim slowly moves. When you center the stick, the trim stops moving.

Neither option is perfect, and neither is anything like real controllers, but both should work well for gamepad control.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We're very happy to have a version of RealFlight in the mobile arena. We believe it's light years better than previously available options, and it's only version 1.0! There is a lot more we could do with it.

I can't say much right now about our plans for RealFlight Mobile. Partly that's because we need to see what kind of demand there is before we decide how much more work to put into it.

Again, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate all of it. It helps to know what you guys--experienced RealFlight users and RC pilots--like and don't like.

Back