New to Helis

angelfig

Hello folks...Iam a commercial pilot and been flying R/C Airplanes for many years. I want to make a transcition to HELIS and iam thinking on getting a T-REX 600 Nitro to do this. What do you folks think about this and if you have any suggestions please let me know. I currently have the G4 Flight Simulator, need to say iam doing pretty good with helis.

Thanks

I fly the TRex 600 nitro v9 on G4 myself, still learning. ;) As for the real heli, I don't think you will go wrong with the 600 Nitro. As with any heli, they all have their +s & -s. I have the 600 Nitro sport, have yet to fly it, still working on it. The 600 went together well with no problems, I like it so far. You may want to check out other forums for more info: http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78 or http://runryder.com/helicopter/f120p1/ I belong to both, under the same name: johndoe25. Hopes this helps

Have You thought about Electric.

It may well be that You have a Couple of e-RC planes. but just wanted to make sure..

Electric has its +'s and -'s and one good Plus is instant power, on any kind of day, No fuss over the Fuel and Mixture, (This may be no problem to you being experienced with RC plane already). but the other bonus is the Lack of Goo everywhere. heli beat the air into submission. and the Air is usually full of Exhaust and its residue.

Good choice for going with a larger Heli. As you probably already know. larger is usually more stable. and a dam sight easier to see. the only possible down side is the Flying location and Crash expenses.

Good luck and keep a keen eye on those blades. Do some math an you will find that the tip of the blades on Heli in the range of the T-Rex 600 nitro will do some serious damage.

Bryce.

PS.
Commercial Fixed Wing or Heli ?

im looking into getting the EP-8 electric heli, i have pretty much perfected the art of flying a rc heli on the g3.5 and also own the CP and CX modified etc. and think its time to enter the big boys, i dont think i would want to go wtih nitro as HX3D014 stated the pros and cons, look into the EP-8 you might just like it ;)

Back