New User

2Dawgz

Trying to figure out how to use all the facets of RealFlight 7/7.5. I have been downloading planes from the Knife Edge site but still have many questions on what and how to do various things. For example, how do you find the right kind of planes to use. Also, how do I find planes that have both flaps and retracts. Is there some site that can point me how to find qualities of planes. Also, where do you go to learn how to make changes, etc. to planes. Thanks

This can help you through the ins and outs of downloading and installing content as well as common issues. https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=28643 As for what to download you may get a few answers here but will really need to just read the descriptions and take a chance on it. If you don't like it delete it and on to the next. You will find some good stuff if you just explore.

You will find some good stuff if you just explore.

Anything by this guy will be a good bet if its your style of aircraft. As for WHAT to DL, like Boof said, find what interests you and get it. If it sucks, delete it.

1.- For example, how do you find the right kind of planes to use.

2.- Also, how do I find planes that have both flaps and retracts.

3.- Is there some site that can point me how to find qualities of planes.

4.- Also, where do you go to learn how to make changes, etc. to planes.

Thanks

1. - Use your experience level.

If you have to ask, start with a high wing trainer.

Once you get beyond that, you'll move to a low wing trainer, Stik, Aerobatic, 3D, Warbird, Jet... pretty much in that order.

2. - Select the plane in the sim vehicle selection view, activate the switches and observe to see if the flaps drop or the retracts go up.

3. - Most RC sites go into the different characteristics of the planes and what is suitable to a particular skill & experience level.

4. - Stickies for earlier versions have a lot of applicable information.

Start by playing with the editor until you understand how to use it.

When a Forum Thread is made 'Sticky' is stays at the top of that Forum 'category' and this is normally done by Forum Moderators.
it usually is about a frequently asked question or oft needed reference information
it always remains "stuck" at the top of every sub forums thread list so folks wont have to search for it

sim vehicle selection view
Aircraft > Select aircraft

Attachments

• ScreenShots029.jpg
    ScreenShots029.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back