Newb questions about Hobbyzone planes

somekevinguy

I am a beginner flyer and I have a Super Cub LP and the next few planes I want to get after I get better are also Hobbyzone planes like the T-28 and Corsair and I just got G5 to practice and there are no Hobbyzone planes. Where can I get some of the Hobbyzone planes for G5? Or can I? I know it isn't that important to fly the exact same plane in the simulator but it would be a lot more fun.

edit: whoops designers corner, that is what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Go to the Swap Pages, type hobbyzone in the search field.
That should yield several aircraft matching your search criteria.

As a G5 owner, all aircraft there should be compatible,
import the aircraft you want, but pay close attention to the "Requires" field,
that should tell you what else you need to make that import work.

Concentrate on flying.... don't worry so much about an exact replica. You should be aware that you can take an existing planes 3D model re-size it and wrap it in a color scheme (CS) of your design using a free graphics program such as gimp... then you can modify the physics model to make it fly like the little foamy you have in your possession. That is for later when you can fly and know more about the plane's handling characteristics.

It is not the plane you fly, it is being able to fly in the first place. Don't get things out of order...

You are buying a Great Planes product... you think that they should showcase the competitions planes? Think about that one for a minute... now you understand.

12oclockhigh said:
Concentrate on flying.... don't worry so much about an exact replica. You should be aware that you can take an existing planes 3D model re-size it and wrap it in a color scheme (CS) of your design using a free graphics program such as gimp... then you can modify the physics model to make it fly like the little foamy you have in your possession. That is for later when you can fly and know more about the plane's handling characteristics.

It is not the plane you fly, it is being able to fly in the first place. Don't get things out of order...

You are buying a Great Planes product... you think that they should showcase the competitions planes? Think about that one for a minute... now you understand.
Yeah I already understood all that except for how to build my own. Like I said though it does make it more fun to fly the planes you actually have though even though I knew it wasn't important at my stage. I had heard of the Swap Pages after some Googling but I couldn't find it here. I was looking for a forum section and then I finally noticed it in the tool bar. Thanks for all the replies. Tons of cool stuff in there.

I don't know if I am ready for all that yet. It would be fun someday though. I have the newer Super Cub LP which has the blue paint scheme and I think the Lipos might give it a little more thrust than old version. Has anybody made one of those yet? I didn't see one in the swap pages.

I am finding landing to actually be harder in G5 than in real life. I've been able to land every time in real life but have been pretty bad so far in G5. I just got a CX3 helicopter too which I can't even get to hoover so far so hopefully I can practice the helicopters too and quit breaking my CX3.

Most of the users will confirm that the sim is actually harder to land than it is in real life. This is because your view is restricted and you have little peripheral vision.

If you can land everything in the sim, when the wind is kicked up and gusty, you should have little trouble at the field.

Some models also have less drag in the sim than they do in real life. That makes them extremely hard to land without overshooting the runway. It also doesn't help that they usually seem to be farther away in the sim than they really are so you tend to fly too close to the approach end of the runway, compounding the problem.

Paul

Back