Newbie Flyer on G4.5.....????? keeps diving?

nuclear

hello, I do like this G4.5 SIM....my question is....since I'm a newb at this thing is,

everytime I turn (either Left or Right) using the Rudder, the plane turns to the side I turn to, BUT the plane sort of nose dives in that direction??????

what do I do to "smoothly" correct this? do I use the Aeilerons in the opposite direction?

how do you guys/gals make such smooth turns??????

please help....is there a transmitter selection?

Have you watched the tutorials included with the sim?

First thing first, you wouldn't fly full throttle all the time at the field,
and you wouldn't over-control your plane.
Everything is done with a smooth and coordinated motions.

Some folks like to turn with rudder, and then compensate/adjust with Ailerons and Elevator.
I like to bank into the turn (ailerons) and then apply elevator as needed.

Good Luck.

All planes drop the nose when turning. Add a small amount of up elevator to keep the nose up while turning. At the end of the turn, level you're wings.

nuclear said:
everytime I turn (either Left or Right) using the Rudder, the plane turns to the side I turn to, BUT the plane sort of nose dives in that direction??????

That's the problem... DO NOT use the "RUDDER" unless you are flying a 3 channel plane that has no ailerons.

Rudders are only used for approaches to crab the plane, or for aerobatics when you are more advanced.

For the most part, only use the rudder during takeoff and upon touchdown, to keep the plane on the runway, no more than that.

nuclear said:
what do I do to "smoothly" correct this? do I use the Aeilerons in the opposite direction?

You need to change your "thinking".

You fly the planes with AILERONS ELEVATORS and THROTTLE.

The elevator is used sparingly ( on a trainer ) and most of your flying is done with the ailerons and throttle.

Wow lots has changed since ive been here last.

Opjose is right, the rudder is relatively not needed. Ive seen RC planes without ailerons and only use of a rudder but Id prefer ailerons, so the nose diving you are expierienceing is all in physics of motion, tepends are you using any elevator turing the turns?

KenC

opjose said:
That's the problem... DO NOT use the "RUDDER" unless you are flying a 3 channel plane that has no ailerons.

Rudders are only used for approaches to crab the plane, or for aerobatics when you are more advanced.

For the most part, only use the rudder during takeoff and upon touchdown, to keep the plane on the runway, no more than that.

You need to change your "thinking".

You fly the planes with AILERONS ELEVATORS and THROTTLE.

The elevator is used sparingly ( on a trainer ) and most of your flying is done with the ailerons and throttle.
i disagree with this........use the elevator.....forget the throttle once you take off....ease off of it to half throttle. then use all 3 controls.....when you bank either with rudder or ailerons.....you must use a tad up elevator....the rudder itself.....you could forget it if your flying a plane with ailerons....unless you want a steep turn. the rudder only kicks the *** around. if your flying with rudder only.....(not recommended)....then you must add up at every turn....because it will bank the wings on you.

"The elevator is used sparingly ( on a trainer ) and most of your flying is done with the ailerons and throttle."

Ed, have you ever TRAINed newbies?

That's how it's done.

Last edited:
Either rudder or aileron turns can result in banking the plane. This results in less lift working in the up direction because you put some of it to the "turn direction"
(Technically speaking, you have changed your lift vector)
image015.jpg

As a result of less lift in the up direction, you will begin to descend. And the tail will tend to follow. IE Nose down.
You need to anticipate this and correct it with Elevator. Try chase view for a while.

In real aircraft they use rudder to keep the ball in the center. IE to keep you from feeling like you are leaning over or to keep loose objects in the aircraft from moving around so to say.

Bryce.

Last edited:
Back