Next RF 9 Update

Newbie here... I am pretty satisfied with the graphics for the objective of the program is. Sure they could be better, but I think the behaviour of the models in combination with the feel of the DX controller is the most important thing to me. I'm just trying to learn to fly.

On the other hand, it is easier to see what is happening further away on higher resolution monitors (to me anyway). Running on an 8th gen I7 8700K (on the internal graphics only) gives a very acceptable experience on a 27" 4K monitor with displayport.
I find lower res monitors like my notebook turn the plane into a tiny number of pixels way too soon! I often mistake dust on the screen for the airplane shortly after takeoff. I'll blame that on my inexperience with RC, but I generally do better on the higher res screen.

I would LOVE it if the aircraft manufacturers/distributors (particularly horizon/e-flite) could provide downloadable models for their latest products. I can't fly a paper airplane yet, but I would really like to know how difficult the 80mm F-18 EDF is to fly! ( how proficient I have to be before I consider getting it )
Or the Turbo Timber 1.5m, as a trainer for 'real life' practice.
Or for a kind of 'try before you buy' without wrecking that expensive model I am lusting after.

Which brings me to a stupid question for anybody that flies real life RC AND uses this program:
Is your experience in an RF9 model close enough to flying the real model that you could use to evaluate the suitability of that real model for your purchase?
Or is it just for the general 'look and feel' of flying RC and the specific 'character' of the models matter less.

I am enjoying this program and saved thousands of dollars already. Looking forward to trying the 'real thing', and wondering how different that is likely to be, from what I learn here.

Thanks
I made the Turbo Timber 1.5. It's available on the Swaps Pages. I've been told it flies close to the real one.

I've only tried the Sport Cub S and it's very realistic. If anything I would say the real plane is a little easier to fly.

There's a Turbo Timber 1.5m on my RF9

re: turbo timber 1.5 and flight realism
I've only tried the Sport Cub S and it's very realistic. If anything I would say the real plane is a little easier to fly.

There's a Turbo Timber 1.5m on my RF9
Thanks for the info! much appreciated!

Well what I want is a major improvement in graphics quality. But I doubt I'll get it. Other than that RF is fine it just needs better graphics, badly. And I agree with what some folks have already said they should add the new planes released by Horizon Hobby quickly that tends to be what lots of people ask for.
Better graphics for sure YES! I would love new Horizon Hobby planes on RF9. Especially some of the EDF jets.

Newbie here... I am pretty satisfied with the graphics for the objective of the program is. Sure they could be better, but I think the behaviour of the models in combination with the feel of the DX controller is the most important thing to me. I'm just trying to learn to fly.

On the other hand, it is easier to see what is happening further away on higher resolution monitors (to me anyway). Running on an 8th gen I7 8700K (on the internal graphics only) gives a very acceptable experience on a 27" 4K monitor with displayport.
I find lower res monitors like my notebook turn the plane into a tiny number of pixels way too soon! I often mistake dust on the screen for the airplane shortly after takeoff. I'll blame that on my inexperience with RC, but I generally do better on the higher res screen.

I would LOVE it if the aircraft manufacturers/distributors (particularly horizon/e-flite) could provide downloadable models for their latest products. I can't fly a paper airplane yet, but I would really like to know how difficult the 80mm F-18 EDF is to fly! ( how proficient I have to be before I consider getting it )
Or the Turbo Timber 1.5m, as a trainer for 'real life' practice.
Or for a kind of 'try before you buy' without wrecking that expensive model I am lusting after.

Which brings me to a stupid question for anybody that flies real life RC AND uses this program:
Is your experience in an RF9 model close enough to flying the real model that you could use to evaluate the suitability of that real model for your purchase?
Or is it just for the general 'look and feel' of flying RC and the specific 'character' of the models matter less.

I am enjoying this program and saved thousands of dollars already. Looking forward to trying the 'real thing', and wondering how different that is likely to be, from what I learn here.

Thanks
Murdog44, I have the 64mm E flite F16 Falcon BNF version. On RF9 they only have the 64mm F14. So, I have only flown my real F16 twice now. on RF9 it is DEFINITALY not the same but that could be because they are different airplanes. All in all, they feel somewhat the same even though they are different edf jets but, the only other plane I have that is on RF9 is the E flite Delta Ray One. It flies almost exactly the same but the RF9 Delta Ray One is a little bit faster maybe than the real thing. My DRO (Delta Ray One) LOL, has a few dents and dings here and there but like I said, it is almost the exact the same feel.

I would say, buy the Timber 1.5m like you said or another nice trainer like the Apprentice, and practice with it on RF9.

It is also for the "look and feel' of flying an RC plane while being close to flying the real thing.

Hope that this helps!!!

Back