No controller message

:)))))))))))))))

OK everyone, I fixed my issue. I uninstalled realflight from my SSD and installed it on my backup storage hard drive. Ran realflight and my controller is working. I can now play the game. IM so happy now.

So anyone know why it wouldn't work when installed on my SSD?

Bummer. And now it quit working again. All I did was exit the game and reboot computer. No im back to the message again. No controller for the participant to use. Plug one in to re-try.

:)))))))))))))))

OK everyone, I fixed my issue. I uninstalled realflight from my SSD and installed it on my backup storage hard drive. Ran realflight and my controller is working. I can now play the game. IM so happy now.

So anyone know why it wouldn't work when installed on my SSD?

No there is no difference. I run it from SSD drives all the time.

That it runs for a little while then stops again points to something on your system.

Installing the program may replace an important but erroneous library with the correct one, you launch the program and it works.
Upon the next boot, Windows restores the erroneous file via it's built in "file protection" system and you are SOL.

Or it could be power, drivers, etc.

Why not post a Realflight diagnostic dump here ( without the serial numbers of course!!!! ). Upload the file, DO NOT post the text as part of a message.

BTW: to install Realflight as administrator, you must insert the DVD (assuming the program is not installed )

Windows may prompt you to install the program, cancel that.

Next use the file browser to look at the contents of the DVD.

On the root of the drive there will be a setup.exe file or something similar.

Right click on the file and select "run as administrator".

You will be prompted for the administrator password.

Off you go!

Once Realflight is installed you must use the same technique to start the launcher at least once or twice. You get prompted for the serial numbers this way.

Finally as administrator calibrate the controller and exit to save the changes.

Now run Realflight normally. All of this is well documented elsewhere and in the FAQ's. The procedure has been required since Vista.

Last edited:
Bummer. And now it quit working again. All I did was exit the game and reboot computer. No im back to the message again. No controller for the participant to use. Plug one in to re-try.

Another thing you should look at.

Most laptops and many desktop computers have power savings settings for USB devices.

This reduces current to the USB bus during normal operation.

Try setting your computer's power profile to "High Performance" which normally disables USB power saving, or go into the advanced profile editor and disable it directly. Then try again.

I have installed as administrator. Still no luck. Set my power profile to max peroformance. re-installed multiple times. can not get the program to work at all as it did last night.

Checked the power on the usb hub that the interface is plugged into, only states 50mA. only other usb devices plugged in are keyboard and mouse.

I have attached my system info for support to look at it.

Im to the point im about to ask for refund of this product.

Attachments

• launcheroutput.txt.txt
    413.7 KB · Views: 22
Well it's not Realflight that is to blame you've proven that yourself.

The Interlink interface is being properly detected in the dump so the problem boils down to it not seeing a PPM signal from the TX. It would be nice to try it out with another transmitter other than the Tactic.

Not to seem unsympathetic but normally once you pierce the shrink wrap you are SOL on refunds for software. Dunno what Tower's policy is on that though if you purchased it through them.

I see you also have installed an overclocking utility, have Steam constantly running, have Citrix clients, as well as a boatload of other background apps.... some of which seem to be monitoring the USB chain... such as that USB3.0 monitoring application. All of these should be set not to start at boot.

Turn off any and all overclocking.

Download and install Gamebooster3. Perform a custom install ( don't let it install any of the bloatware, just gamebooster itself ). Also make sure you don't pick up junk from some of the web pages that point to Gamebooster. Some of them put up links that actually lead to adware or malware first.

Run gamebooster and make it discover all of the background applications and tasks that may interfere with games. Then apply the suggestions to temporarily turn all of this junk off.

Gamebooster should minimize at that point... Run Realflight and see if you still have a problem.

After you run Realflight you can go back into the minimized game booster and undo it's temporary changes, or you can reboot the system to restore all of the ( cough * useless * cough ) background stuff it finds.

A lot of that stuff should be disabled though. Doing so will not affect the programs that installed the "junk"... the exception being the AV programs and some of the video & audio driver support tasks.

Well it's not Realflight that is to blame you've proven that yourself.

The Interlink interface is being properly detected in the dump so the problem boils down to it not seeing a PPM signal from the TX. It would be nice to try it out with another transmitter other than the Tactic.

Not to seem unsympathetic but normally once you pierce the shrink wrap you are SOL on refunds for software. Dunno what Tower's policy is on that though if you purchased it through them.

I see you also have installed an overclocking utility, have Steam constantly running, have Citrix clients, as well as a boatload of other background apps.... some of which seem to be monitoring the USB chain... such as that USB3.0 monitoring application. All of these should be set not to start at boot.

Turn off any and all overclocking.

Download and install Gamebooster3. Perform a custom install ( don't let it install any of the bloatware, just gamebooster itself ). Also make sure you don't pick up junk from some of the web pages that point to Gamebooster. Some of them put up links that actually lead to adware or malware first.

Run gamebooster and make it discover all of the background applications and tasks that may interfere with games. Then apply the suggestions to temporarily turn all of this junk off.

Gamebooster should minimize at that point... Run Realflight and see if you still have a problem.

After you run Realflight you can go back into the minimized game booster and undo it's temporary changes, or you can reboot the system to restore all of the ( cough * useless * cough ) background stuff it finds.

A lot of that stuff should be disabled though. Doing so will not affect the programs that installed the "junk"... the exception being the AV programs and some of the video & audio driver support tasks.

I am using it with another transmitter. When the program worked the other night it was on my Spektrum DX5e. Now it wont even work with that controller.

OPJOSE> YOU ARE THE FREAKIN MAN.

my overclocking program from gigabyte was causing the issue. I shut it down and now real flight boots everytime.

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.

Whew!!!!

I was getting worried that your problem was something no one else has seen.

The OC problem makes sense too.

When you overclock the CPU some of the other clock rates either are or are not affected.

If the USB controller was affected then it may have been just far enough out of sync to prevent the PPM signals from being read properly.

Good job at sticking with it. It normally takes hitting one thing at a time until you find the culprit. You found yours!

Same Problem in Widows 7 with 32 bit

I have to continuously fight with RF7 to recognize the TTX600 by plugging/unplugging it or the usb cable or pressing reset button. Still don't understand what makes it connect but it does eventually. I have read with dismay the conversation between opjose and liquidrl because I am not computer savvy at all and have no idea what they are talking about. My only conclusion is that I am screwed until Knife Edge recognizes they have a problem here and fixes it. On top of this problem, anything I am flying seems to go into random out of control crashes once in a while. I discovered accidentally that after this happens the calibration screen shows the bars jumping all over the place when all controls in neutral and throttle off. After recalibration it works ok again. No idea where to look for help on this. Love the product when all is working but increasing frustration and aggravation with it leave me playing less and less.

This is not really a "Realflight" problem at all, nor is it anything that they need to fix.

In liquidr1's case I noticed in his diagnostic dump that he was using an overclocking utility.

He had forgotten about having one installed on his system. Apparently the manufacturer put it there.

This utility ramps up the clock frequency for the CPU on his machine and this can and will throw some things out of kilter... in this case his Tactic radio.

Given that you sometimes get a connection, it is likely you too have some power management or speed management utility installed causing your problem.

I suggest doing the following:

- Going to the power settings and selecting the "Maximum Performance" profile then rebooting.

- Turn off any and all power or speed management utilities. Many laptops have CPU speed adjustment programs installed to optimize battery life, that can and will interfere with the program.

- Post a diagnostic dump as he did, you can get one right from the Realflight launcher.

MrGreen, though your symptoms sound similar to what liquidr1 described, I'm not sure you're actually experiencing the same problem. They may seem the same but have very different causes.

Please tell us the exact text of the error message(s) you receive when your controller is not recognized.

It's possible a connection issue is to blame. The jack on the back of the TTX600 can be a bit fidgety if any force is applied to the cable while connected. It would also be easy to have the plug almost all the way in, such that it works some of the time but has intermittent problems.

I suggest you do the following:
  • Make sure the 1/8" plug is all the way into the jack on the back of the TTX600. No portion of the plug itself should be visible when they are connected--not even a little bit. The metal collar should be in direct contact with the jack.
  • Set the radio on a desk or something and let the cable is rest securely on the same surface without putting any strain on the jack. The radio should not be lying down on putting any pressure on the cable or jack. Now start the sim, and once it's working, do not touch the cable or move the radio at all while flying. Does the problem still occur? (You shouldn't have to be this careful during normal use, but we're troubleshooting here.)
  • If none of the above helps, paste the error message(s) here as I requested above (exact and complete text!).

I have to continuously fight with RF7 to recognize the TTX600 by plugging/unplugging it or the usb cable or pressing reset button. Still don't understand what makes it connect but it does eventually. I have read with dismay the conversation between opjose and liquidrl because I am not computer savvy at all and have no idea what they are talking about. My only conclusion is that I am screwed until Knife Edge recognizes they have a problem here and fixes it. On top of this problem, anything I am flying seems to go into random out of control crashes once in a while. I discovered accidentally that after this happens the calibration screen shows the bars jumping all over the place when all controls in neutral and throttle off. After recalibration it works ok again. No idea where to look for help on this. Love the product when all is working but increasing frustration and aggravation with it leave me playing less and less.

perhaps issue with the controller?

This is not really a "Realflight" problem at all, nor is it anything that they need to fix.

In liquidr1's case I noticed in his diagnostic dump that he was using an overclocking utility.

He had forgotten about having one installed on his system. Apparently the manufacturer put it there.

This utility ramps up the clock frequency for the CPU on his machine and this can and will throw some things out of kilter... in this case his Tactic radio.

Given that you sometimes get a connection, it is likely you too have some power management or speed management utility installed causing your problem.

I suggest doing the following:

- Going to the power settings and selecting the "Maximum Performance" profile then rebooting.

- Turn off any and all power or speed management utilities. Many laptops have CPU speed adjustment programs installed to optimize battery life, that can and will interfere with the program.

- Post a diagnostic dump as he did, you can get one right from the Realflight launcher.

exactly my issue. My Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 660 video card came with an overclocking utility to overclock the GPU. It runs automatically when the computer boots. It runs a preset overclock setting set by Gigagbyte. This was causing my issue. closing the overclock program solved the issue by running the GPU on the card at the normal clock speed. It never crossed my mind that it would interfere with a USB device.

Last edited:
I HAD the same Error (Can Not Detect or Find Controller) on my new Gigabyte Master x570 AMD 3900XT system. After reading what everyone was saying here about USB HUBS and unplugging stuff. I decided to just MOVE MY CONTROLLER TO A USB 2.0/1.1 ONLY port on my motherboard. My mother has 20 USB ports and 8 of those are 2.0/1.1, so the problem for me was using one of the USB 3.1 ports on the Motherboard was a no no. AGAIN CORRECTED WITH 2.0/1.1 ONLY CONNECTION

Back