No Down Elevator on some planes but not others

caffeinated

New install of RF9.5, wireless dongle, Spektrum DX8e on PC (dell tower '20).

After calibration, I get 7 of 8 channels (can't seem to get the 8th its looking for). Regardless, functions seem to all work except down elevator on a lot of planes, EFlight Apprentice, Carbon Club, but not others like the EFlite Scout (? - the beginner pusher prop plane). Stranger yet is that it is only not working in beginner and intermediate flight modes, I get down elevator in experienced mode.

I have checked that no D/R or Expo settings in radio, all trims are at 0. Not sure where to look next, any help appreciated.

... functions seem to all work except down elevator on a lot of planes, EFlight Apprentice, Carbon Club, but not others like the EFlite Scout (? - the beginner pusher prop plane). .

Yeah, that's normal; its even 'normal' on the actual models !

The most famous of these is the eflite Apprentice STS. This is a 'beginner' trainer and is designed to be flown with minimal control. The way you 'climb' on the Apprentice is by adding power; descending is similar, by removing power. You can also descend a little faster by dropping one wing or the other, removing power, and descending in a spiral. This behavior is particularly 'true' in the beginner or intermediate modes. The experienced mode has a little more down elevator.

marcus

New install of RF9.5, wireless dongle, Spektrum DX8e on PC (dell tower '20).

After calibration, I get 7 of 8 channels (can't seem to get the 8th its looking for). Regardless, functions seem to all work except down elevator on a lot of planes, EFlight Apprentice, Carbon Club, but not others like the EFlite Scout (? - the beginner pusher prop plane). Stranger yet is that it is only not working in beginner and intermediate flight modes, I get down elevator in experienced mode.

I have checked that no D/R or Expo settings in radio, all trims are at 0. Not sure where to look next, any help appreciated.
You can select either AS3X mode or beginner and Safe modes. The plane should respond normally in AS3X mode. The others are for beginner pilots and some have the 'Panic Button' mode.

Back