No sessions Found

The directory server is back up.

I understand the frustration when multiplayer is unavailable. I have no intention of trivializing that. I do, however, want to provide the following just for some perspective.

The RF6 directory server has been very stable. Until this outage, I can't find any record of actual downtime since last September.

The G4.5 and G5.5 directory servers used to experience issues much more frequently. We took steps to remedy that in early January of this year, and this weekend's outage is the first time they have had any trouble since then (so the first time in 6 months).

All of the above is small comfort if MP isn't working when you want it to. I get that, and I do empathize. But it would be a stretch, to say the least, to say that it's a common problem these days. We have dramatically improved the reliability of the directory servers like we said we would. But they will probably never be perfect.

This horse gets another beating every time there's a weekend outage. The meat of it is that the list server is not a guaranteed service. Would be nice if ti was, but I suspect they'd have to charge a fee to provide a 24/7 kind of availability.

Regards
Michael

It would truly be nice if we had the ability to connect to each other direct via Public IP address.
Most Multiplayer games allow/provide for this.

Or allow us to run a private directory server and modify a config file to point to it
instead of the default one.

This way we could both host a private gaming community among buddies, and have an alternate way to still play multiplayer over the Internet while the KnifeEdge systems are down or being serviced.

Not to mention down the road in the future when version 6 is no longer supported or the hot thing, we could still connect our old versions together via the Internet.

Thanks.
Steve

Thank you KE for the Multiplayer list server and the recent improvements.

Many comments were intended as ideas to assist. We very much appreciated this valuable service you enable us to continue to use.

Back