Noob downloading planes ?

Edd

I am new to G5, and have been unsuccessful at downloading and installing new planes. For example: I have been trying to install the Cessna 195 by pplace and I have failed. Can you please tell me the path that the download should take, and what file it should finally remain in for using ? And also, must I take steps to "Import" it into the game, and must I Restart my computer for every new download ?

Thank you kindly.

Ed

Does the plane that pplace created have an "EA" or "AV" in its title...if it`s an AV, you`ll have to import the "EA" first, THEN the AV

Import Swap Page Content

If you look at the Swap Files, Download Page, you will see a Question mark, "?" Clicking on that, will give you Download Instructions. (See link below)
Swap File Types: EA=Entire Aircraft, AV=Aircraft Variant, CS=Color Scheme, PI=Photo Fields, AP= 3D Airports, RC=Recording,
The EA, is the "Base" Aircraft File, You MUST POSSESS FIRST.
Aircraft Variants (AV), and Color Schemes (CS), are Modifications, for THAT Particular (EA) Aircraft!
NOTE: EA "MUST" be Loaded into RF First Or, Associated, AV, and CS files will not load.
On a AV, or CS, download page, ALWAYS check the, "Requires:", BEFORE, downloading.
If you don't have the required EA file, for that AV, or, CS, you must get it first.
If the "Required EA" aircraft is in blue, and you don't have it, click it. That Link, will take you to "that"(EA) download page.
Otherwise, the "Requires", will tell you "Where" to access, the required EA file.
It may be a Stock RF Aircraft, or from: Free Add Ons, Expansion Pack or a Mega Pack.
Always read the entire download page, for special instructions.
Always Load the EA Aircraft, into RF FIRST. THEN, you can load the Variations, or Color Schemes, Associated, with That, Particular (EA) Aircraft.
Clicking "DOWNLOAD", on the Aircraft Download page, will send this file, to Your Computer's, Download Folder, in Zip/RFX (compressed) file form.
Do Not try to Un-Zip/Decompress!
Just follow these Instructions. https://forums.realflight.com/importexporthelp/importhelp.php
Note: In the window that opens, as per instructions, make sure, the "Look In" is set to Downloads Folder.
From There, you can select your new file, for import. Click on it, then Click Open.
Note: A "Green Message" will temporarily show, at the bottom, of the Program Screen, Indicating, Successful Import.
Clicking on the Green Message, will open your New File, in the program directly. Note: This feature, may not work properly, in "Full Screen Mode".

Special Note: Due to fundamental changes in RealFlight's Physics System, between major RealFlight versions; An Aircraft that was fine-tuned for, and exported from, an Older Version of RealFlight, May, behave, in an erratic, or unexpected manner, in a Newer Version of RealFlight.
In such cases, the model May need to be Adjusted, in the Aircraft Editor.

For Free Add-Ons:
https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=263426&postcount=4

Last edited:
Your welcome, Adrenoline 60 also added to/answered your question, so be sure to read it over a couple times, his answer goes into more detail than mine...;)

If you look at the download page, you will see a Question mark, "?" Clicking on that, will give you Download Instructions.
Swap Page File Types: EA=Entire Aircraft, AV=Aircraft Variant, CS=Color Scheme,
The EA is the "Base" Aircraft File, You MUST POSSESS FIRST. Aircraft Variants (AV), and Color Schemes (CS), are Modifications, OF THAT Aircraft!
On a AV, or CS, download page, ALWAYS check the, "Requires:", BEFORE, downloading. If you don't have the required EA file (already loaded into your RF program), for that AV, or, CS, you must get it first. If the "Required" aircraft is in blue, and you don't have it, click it. That will take you to "that" download page. Otherwise the "Requires", will tell you "Where" to access the required EA file. Always read the entire file, for special instructions.
Always Load the EA plane into RF FIRST. NOW you can load the Variations, or Color Schemes, associated with This Plane.
Clicking on DOWNLOAD, on the Aircraft Download page, will send this file, to Your Computer's, Download Folder, in Zip file form. Do Not try to UnZip!
Just follow these Instructions. https://forums.realflight.com/importexporthelp/importhelp.php
Note: In the window that opens, as per instructions, make sure, the "Look In" is set to Downloads.

Thanks to everyone who has helped. I got it done !

Eddy

Back