Northop XB-35/YB-49 Build

AH OK got it, I`ve added channels 9,10and 11 now,.. thanks for that, NOW, just to be clear, the sliders ARE 10 & 11 correct..??? Now, how do I assign them to the movable pod..?? they`re not showing up (channels 10/11) when I try to select them just servos

they are inputs 14 and 15 on the Interlink-DX and 9-10 on the interlink-X the input channels can be on whatever output channel in the radio. make sure to add input feeds in the new output channels and select the appropriate input channels.

OK, I`ll see if I can figure that out and get back to ya. should I add more channels Up to channel 15..??? for the DX ..?? and do I add a simple or complex input..??

Got it figured out Legoman, the AV helped a lot, still gotta tweak the pan angles a little, but otherwise good to go. I forgot that I had too add servos as well, so, once I did that, it was all downhill, SO, thank you so much for the refresher coarse, it`s been awhile since I`ve added that feature.. ;) ;) :) I`m still learning this new editor.

Hi Legoman, got another question for ya. It appears that ALL the cameras on moveable pods and along with the guns on the flying wings (anywhere between full up/down) are shaking even in the editor. I noticed it right away in the F-86, so I went to the wings to see if things were the same, and they were, (was hoping they weren`t, in order to find a fix), but alas no luck there. Any idea what might be causing this ???

Hi Legoman, got another question for ya. It appears that ALL the cameras on moveable pods and along with the guns on the flying wings (anywhere between full up/down) are shaking even in the editor. I noticed it right away in the F-86, so I went to the wings to see if things were the same, and they were, (was hoping they weren`t, in order to find a fix), but alas no luck there. Any idea what might be causing this ???

Chinese-ium pots. mine does it a bit but it sounds like it is worse in your interlink. some ways to mask it is a slower servo. switching to analog, or micro seems to change the responsiveness of servos, retract and digital are the fastest digital seems slightly faster micro is the slowest to respond to inputs analog is faster than micro but a lot slower than digital.

OK thanks, I`ll try switching them out and see what happens. Its not really that noticeable in the air (pilots view of coarse), but on the ground, it`s pretty annoying sitting still, not so much so when you start rolling.

OK thanks, I`ll try switching them out and see what happens. Its not really that noticeable in the air (pilots view of coarse), but on the ground, it`s pretty annoying sitting still, not so much so when you start rolling.

do you have simulated head movement or simulated gimbal stabilization on

I just turned both of them on, the shaking is gone now, not sure which one did the the trick, don`t care either, THANKS...!!!!

I just turned both of them on, the shaking is gone now, not sure which one did the trick, don`t care either, THANKS...!!!!

I would turn them off if I was using a movable pod to rotate the camera. without a pod and only using the camera's gimbal maybe on would work

OK thanks, I`ll look into that, but what are suggesting when you say "without a pod" do you mean remove it all together, I don`t recall moveable (panning/tilting) cameras working without them.... :unsure:

I made a super quick tester to see the different servos characteristics

Attachments

• servoTest_EA.RFX
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
That`s interesting, I see that all the speeds are set at the same speed for all four servos, yet, when activated, they all move at different speeds, depending on the servo type.

I have all movement parameters set up on the moveable pod. Are suggesting I remove the pod and use these parameters, OR, keep the pod and use these parameters.

no I was not sure if you where using them when you said
" I just turned both of them on, the shaking is gone now, not sure which one did the the trick,"
in post 251. and that caused a rabbit hole of confusion on my end

That`s interesting, I see that all the speeds are set at the same speed for all four servos, yet, when activated, they all move at different speeds, depending on the servo type.

the slower speed might be because the smaller (micro) and older (analog). are up to 30 and 15 behind angle commanded and overshoot the ends by up to 5 and 2 percent respectively

Just to clarify, you asked if I had simulated head movement or simulated gimbal stabilization on (post 249)..I said "no" (post (250), post #251, I stated that I just turned them on, and the shaking was gone, SO, one of them worked, all`s good now.. :D :D (y) (y) Again, thanks a million..:D:D?? OH, sorry for any confusion.;)

Just to clarify, you asked if I had simulated head movement or simulated gimbal stabilization on (post 249)..I said "no" (post (250), post #251, I stated that I just turned them on, and the shaking was gone, SO, one of them worked, all`s good now.. :D :D (y) (y) Again, thanks a million..:D:D?? OH, sorry for any confusion.;)

you normally cannot turn both on at the same time. simulated head movement on stops the movable pod angle from effecting the camera. and simulated gimbal stabilization stopped the moveable pod angling too but added roll stabilization. I might have set something wrong in the gimbal tests i was multitasking at the time on two or three maybe four tasks.

Back