Oculus 2

DGREENE

I have a Oculus 2 I am using but it looks like when I have the headset on its just a large computer screen. When I look around there is white tile. Is there a way I can make it look like I am at a flying field ? I am using RF 8. Dies anyone have any way to guide my around this

I had it working as well as it could in RF8, with my pretty underpowered graphics card at the time. Even used it to fly combat a few times with a few fellow club members. Has been on the to-do list to do again in Evolution, and still have RF 8 installed. So...when I can, will get it all going and can then reply with notes.

But, just had eye surgery, so can barely see my big monitor, let alone VR. So may be a few weeks still until I can don the headset....
stay tuned, or perhaps another kind soul will answer by then.

I just revived mine on the new system (eyes are working better than I thought with the headset!).

This was a virgin system for VR, so after installing the Oculus app, and connecting the Oculus 2 headset, I went to the PC desktop in VR. I then started RF8 by the usual double click on the icon, and then the Run Real Flight prompt. It all just knew, and started me in true VR mode. As before, colors pretty washed out, and a bit of stuttering. Resolution not great. But, plane was flyable, and all was useable. I tested using both a cord, and WiFi (but I have really fast home WiFi). No change in behavior or quality. Did not have to change anything in RF itself. Changing refresh and resolution in the headset from defaults did not change anything.

I did have to turn off Windows HDR, to be able to get to a reproduction of the PC desktop. It just flickered in and out, otherwise.

I then tried Evolution. THAT only gave me the computer screen duplication, and would run Evo just like a duplicate computer screen - no real VR. I had to download and setup SteamVR for that to work. Not fully tested, but it looks like I may have to have both the Oculus app AND SteamVR running. Or maybe I don't have it configured right, yet. RF8 did NOT work with SteamVR. Colors were bright and vibrant in Evolution. No change in resolution or performance - still not great, but no worse than RF8. But Evo will be my version of choice when using VR due to the better visibility.

So, for RF8 - run it only with the Oculus App, that may resolve the issue.

Back