odd multiplayer connecting issue

8FS_austin16 said:
well can you tell me how i do that because im not very fimllar with this network stuff
Without the manual or without being there, I could not. sorry.

8FS_austin16 said:
well can you tell me how i do that because im not very fimllar with this network stuff

I'd recommend Googling for this sort of information.

There are visual guides available that illustrate how to do all of this.

No sense re-inventing the wheel.

I would suggest going to the forum for users of this product, and asking questions how to do it there...

http://forum.zyxel.com/

There may also be some product information on their website that will help you... or you may be able to contact their product support...

Jeff,

Did you know that in post #21 of this thread the first port forward rule was to send all ports to address 0.0.0.0?

I am wondering what this is meant to do and if it is messing everything up by erring out.

Of course the DMZ should have worked...

I've not yest seen a modem or router where the firewall is different than the port forwarding. Going back to portforward.com, their first line is all ports, too, and it shows 0.0.0.0. I don't know what it means. This is one goofy modem. Doing more research on this modem shows that some people have had luck by disabling the modem's built-in firewall. If this were the modem my phone company gave me, I think I'd go to the store and get another one. But I'm not entirely convinced that other software is not to blame.

Last edited:
ok im pretty shure this is how i was supposed to set it to dmz have a look

but one thing i restarted my computer and modem and my ip is still the same ????

Attachments

• ss10.JPG
    ss10.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 7
  • ss9.JPG
    ss9.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 9
Not trying to butt in here, but I am having the same problem & figure it has something to do with my Norton 360 & firewalls. What should I set or turn off to work, please?

Scott, I'd be happy to help you in your own thread. The last time I helped 2 people in one thread, everyone was confused. Create a new thread, and post a screenshot of your portforwarding page, and an ipconfig screen. See the sticky in this forum about router configuration for help on that.

nope wen i tried it realflight ran kinda slow but when i tried to find a session i got a difrent message so dmz is not gnna work and plus my internet was running slow aswell

well the bridge mode really messed up my internet luckly i had a spare of the same kind of modem and i fixed it........

soooo your saying im not goona be able to play realflight online

welll sucks for me cause embarq is the only service hear. is it possible to go to the store and just buy a modem ????????????? and will it work through embarq ???

Back