Older planes and other airports?

Adrolak

Hello, I'm new to model airplane flying and I just bought the newest RF G4.5 and I noticed there where some older expansion packs for gen. 1 2 and 3, since these are not compatable with gen 4.5 so are the older planes and airports from those expansion packs and past generations in the newest version? :confused:

The discs your referring to are called Addons. Expansion Packs all work with G4.x. Read in the News and Announcements section for details on installing the Addons software.

Last edited:
Huh? Addons (and Expansion Packs) provide additional aircraft and flying fields. Nothing about how aircraft look, or the UI.

wait, so the addons are the expansion packs for free? Isn't KE loosing money from that or are they just doing it so those without gen 1-3 can still use those expansions? Sorry about asking this i just read someone said that there is a difference between the addons and the expansions.

YES there is a difference between add-ons and expansion packs :eek:
ADD-ONs 1-5 are FREE to download at the realflight web site if you have G4 :D
G3.0\3.5 Users still must purchase the add-ons
(Because the purchased add-on s wont work in G4.0 they are free for 4.0 users under the presumption that we bought them for 3.5 but can no longer use the purchased disc.'s for 4.0)
EXPANSION PACK s 1-5 must still be PURCHASED and only work in G4\4.5 :mad: (I'm not sure but I THINK ? Ex.Pack 5 only works for G4.5 :confused: )
EXPANSION PACK s also contain new aircraft and flying sites DIFFERENT than the ones found in the ADD-ONs

Last edited:
THANK YOU PHRANK :eek:
I stand corrected
I knew that there were some that did work and some that did'nt in varieous vers.
My local hobby store did not have any exp.packs when i used 3.0\3.5 they only sold the add-ons(? don't know why?)
And I did not become aware of the exp.packs till I bought 4.0 so I assumed that they were for 4.0 only
:eek: sorry for any added confusion to an allready confusing topic!

Last edited:
Ohh ok thanks for your help guys :) I'll go download the addons for more planes and maybe sometime ill get the expansions too :)

Back