One time offer for a special request..........

pplace

I've been searching around for an interesting project but nothing has stuck out at me to model.

So I thought I would make this offer.

I want to give a chance for you (anyone) to request a scale airplane to model.(must be fixed wing)

The FIRST 10 requests that contain "DETAILED" 3-views (no rough outline 3-views) will be accepted for the next "round" (any requests after the first ten I won't even consider....otherwise this thread could end up with a 100 requests)

From this group of 10 requests I will select 5 that I would best like to work on. From that 5 I will create a poll, and have any other interested forum members vote on which 1 model I should create.

The criteria that it must fit: Any of these descriptions
-WWII Era Fighter
-WWII Era Heavy Bomber (prop driven)
-WWII Era Float/Amphibious

Remember only the first 10 requests (with detailed 3-views will be looked at)

After the final 1 has been chosen I will then begin to work on this project among my other projects (I always have a couple projects going at once so I can take a break on one and work on the others)

Oooo!!!ooo! me me me! :D :eek:
attachment.php

photos:http://rcwarbirds.com/Aircraft/Bombers/WWII/Allies/British/Sunderland/sund1big.htm
open.file

The Short Sunderland would be great!

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't mention 1 request per member....pick which one you'd rather have.

Thanks

Edit: you beat me to it!!haha But for future poster's that information is helpful

Here's my request

Nakajima Ki-49 Donryu (Helen) There's so many german and american planes out there already, I figure I'd throw a Japanese bomber at you :D

Attachments

• nakajima_helen_3v.jpg
    nakajima_helen_3v.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 13
How about a Ryan FR-1 Fireball, I have a two-part 3-view attached, complete with cross sections, if you need detail on any parts, ask. Thanks. Two more images, one of the Gear, one full 3-view, with underside.

Attachments

• Ryan_FR-1_Fireball_Paul_Matt_2of2.jpg
    Ryan_FR-1_Fireball_Paul_Matt_2of2.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Ryan_FR-1_Fireball_Paul_Matt_1of2.jpg
    Ryan_FR-1_Fireball_Paul_Matt_1of2.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 10
  • FR-gear.jpg
    FR-gear.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 3
  • FR-1full3-view.jpg
    FR-1full3-view.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Curtis-Wright XP-55 Ascender. Absolutely gorgeous plane to see in the air. Wish I could see one in RF. Any way to make one for G3.5 and G4? If not, do G4 because I will upgrade eventually.

Attachments

• ascender.gif
    ascender.gif
    53.1 KB · Views: 11
  • XP55bw.jpg
    XP55bw.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 7
French Float Plane that was used by the Germans to after France Surrendered.

I picked the same as kmot so i deleted it and thought of this.

(Latecoere, Breguet 298)

The Latécoère 298(sometimes abridged to Laté 298) was a French seaplane that served during World War II. It was designed primarily as a torpedo bomber, but served also as a dive bomber against land and naval targets, and as a maritime reconnaissance aircraft. Of a sturdy and reliable construction and possessing good manoeuvrability, it was France's most successful military seaplane, and served throughout the war in various guises.

I have alot more info if need be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latecoere_298

Cheers.

Attachments

• latecoere298_3v.jpg
    latecoere298_3v.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 11
  • prof-27.gif
    prof-27.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 7
  • fac-26.gif
    fac-26.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 7
  • des-27.gif
    des-27.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 7
  • AZUR-022-LA298.jpg
    AZUR-022-LA298.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
efinkg said:
How about a Ryan FR-1 Fireball, I have a two-part 3-view attached, complete with cross sections, if you need detail on any parts, ask. Thanks.

efinkg, also very nice plans would be great to work from. Just curious (I don't know anything about this aircraft) is it a prop / jet hybrid? (looking at the rear of the plane)

Very interesting!

Edit: I count 8 spots taken.....two left!!!

pplace said:
Kmot.....beautiful plane and excellent plans (very very detailed) One thing I wasn't seeing though is the top view of the wings? (They are cut off in all the plans I saw?) Am I missing something or are they not there?
Here's the top veiw.
boeing314_3v.jpg

pplace said:
efinkg, also very nice plans would be great to work from. Just curious (I don't know anything about this aircraft) is it a prop / jet hybrid? (looking at the rear of the plane)

Very interesting!

Edit: I count 8 spots taken.....two left!!!

Yes, it had a big radial in the nose, and a turbojet in the tail, was planned for anti-kamikaze missions, but never made it into service. I have a great uncle who flew them, so it has personal meaning to me.

How about a H - 75?

Here are some 3 views :D

H 75

profil.jpg

Just click on the 3 view to download a .zip of the 3 views...

Heres the download link to save time

Last edited:
opjose said:
While thus far I like them all, can I second Zelatio's suggestion?

Me too very happy with all the requests......it'll be hard to pick 5 out!! I will either have to pick on quality of the plans.....and if I can't get a clear 5 picked out maybe I'll poll all 10 for a winner!! We'll see

1 spot left!!

Entries go as follows:

Blade Scraper: Short Sunderland

Cowboy: Nakajima Ki-49 Donryu (Helen)

Pepsi Guy: HE-111Z

efinkg: Ryan FR-1 Fireball

Kmot: Boeing 314 Clipper

Zelatio: Curtis-Wright XP-55 Ascender

tnorton12000: Latecoere, Breguet 298

vonfife911: Fairey Gannet

josh0987: H - 75

Last edited:
Well since spot number 10 hasn't been filled yet. I'll put a request of my own in!haha

The Fokker G.1

After looking over all the requests....I honestly can't narrow it to 5. So I will now start a new thread with a poll (since I can't edit this one to have a poll)

I will leave the poll open for a couple days (depending on the amount of votes.....not many votes I might leave it open longer.)

Then the highest voted for request I will then begin to model.

Look for the new thread: Vote for your favorite request

Edit: To be fair I won't vote on my model.....but I will pick a favorite out of the other 9

Attachments

• Fokker G1.jpg
    Fokker G1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Fokker G1_3v.jpg
    Fokker G1_3v.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back