Online flying

Norton

I've been having alot of good times lately flying online. The only thing is i can't host. I'm pretty sure that i know what's going on. As of now i have a Dynamic IP and i believe i need a Static IP? I always get the message ( Can't find local IP).
I'm fighting with my ISP as we speak for a Static IP not only for this sim but because there better. My question, is there a way to manually put my IP in and host? If you guy's know about Dynamic IP's you know they change all the time. Also, is there a way to fake the system out to make my IP seeable? Thanks for any help. TN.

Last edited:
No answers?

It seems to me that most of the people that post here i don't see online? Unless there using a different name? No answers for this question even from KE? Would like some reponce. Thanks, TN.

whats up?

Come on you guy's! No answers????? What , KE has nothing to do with the online play? It is your server right? YES IT IS. Give me and us some help!

TN.

Hosting Issues

tnorton12000 said:
I've been having alot of good times lately flying online. The only thing is i can't host. I'm pretty sure that i know what's going on. As of now i have a Dynamic IP and i believe i need a Static IP? I always get the message ( Can't find local IP).
I'm fighting with my ISP as we speak for a Static IP not only for this sim but because there better. My question, is there a way to manually put my IP in and host? If you guy's know about Dynamic IP's you know they change all the time. Also, is there a way to fake the system out to make my IP seeable? Thanks for any help. TN.

I haven't been able to host since I've owned G3. I would love to but I don't have time to try and figure out all of this IP stuff. It would be nice if the hosting would work right out of the box but when many of the planes won't fly right, right out of the box, I guess I shouldn't worry about hosting.

If anyone ever figures out a SIMPLE fix, let me know. I don't want to have to learn to program computers just to be able to host.

Progneto

George Harkin

Any answers on the online propblem? Please refer to my first thread. Thanks, TN.

Determinig Dynamic IP Address Assigned to Router

If you have a router attached to your cable or DSL modem then you can go to the status page (Linksys Routers) and determine the IP address assigned by your ISP's DHCP Server. This is the IP address that you should give out when attempting to host a session. (NOTE: This IP address may change depending on your ISP's DHCP lease settings.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions on the Linksys Router

Open your browser and type in the routers IP address, by default this is http://192.168.1.1/
You’ll be prompted for a User Name and Password, by default there is no “User Name” and the password is admin.
After the setup page loads, click on the Status tab, and near the bottom of the “Status” Page you will see a "WAN IP Address"

Author:
KBJLH

Copyright © 2004 Cisco Systems, Inc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for a utility that I downloaded from the Internet at one time that would automically display the WAN IP address assigned to the router without having to go to the "Status page". I cannot locate the file on my computer and will have to do some additional research.

Hope this helps in your quest .....

WAN IP Detection Software

Go to mywanip.com and download their software or get the IP address directly from their site. If you use the utuility software then it can run all the time and the informaiton will be imediately available to you.

Currently RealFlight G3 requires a router with UPnP abilities. You can find this out by going to your router vendor's website and locating your router. Once you enable UPnP, real flight should be able to locate your external ip address and connect everything correctly.

We know this is an issue with RealFlight and are looking into solutions.

The static / Dynamic IP address is definitely not the problem. I have a dynamic IP address like most people do, and am able to host any time I want to with default router settings. It is definitely a UPNP thing. I am using a Linksys WRT54GS with Speed booster, and it works like a champ. Make sure that you stay updated with the latest firmware with your routers... That's real important. I can even host from my AMD64 Laptop with no problem. As a matter of fact, I play from my laptop more often than my desktop. By the way, I am using an GeForce4 440Go440GO video card in that laptop. I usually get around 150 fps in a photofield. My video card doesn't support, shadows, but that's no big deal... The rest is great. :D

Arge.

I.ve been working on this for like three hours just today, I have UPNP enabled and the latest version of firmware. Shut down my firewall also? Waiting on answer from Netgear ( my router). Model # WGT624-v2. It supports everything but no go as of yet? TN....

One more thing.

I can find my router ip, thats not it. The sims server can't and there is no way to put it in manually? I do wan't to thank you guy's for all the help though and any more ya give me. Thanks TN.

Back