Online tonight

Back to work tomorrow with no joy!

I did fly real R/C this weekend but the sim, well what can i say?

How do they expect us to trouble shot things if you cant even host or join?

You guy's at KE seriously need to get a on the call person?????

Bullocks....................................................

Last edited:
Norton said:
Back to work tomorrow with no joy!

I did fly real R/C this weekend but the sim, well what can i say?

How do they expect us to trouble shot things if you cant even host or join?

You guy's at KE seriously need to get a on the call person?????

Bullocks....................................................

I Nominate YOU for that position :D

or Jeffpn since he is ALWAYS here....might as well get paid for it :D

That would be a long commute for either of them.
"Here" really isn't a "place" .........its a server we all communicate on
and I believe the Mp servers are in Oregon or Texas.........but i could be wrong about that...but they aren't "Here"

apparently it is a big deal
every time the 4.5 servers went down on weekends (and that was frequently) on Monday they would come back and explain that the servers had to be "re-set"
and that there was no one "there" to do it till Monday.... they also said that they were going to do something to remedy that situation.............(.csgill you should remember that ,you were posting in those threads about that at the time) seems maybe that has not yet happened or maybe .018 just has MP issues..who knows guess y'all will find out on Monday

Last edited:
Unfortunately we had server issues over the weekend and were aware of them but were unable to do anything about it until this morning. Only 5.1 is affected, and it is a special case at this point.

To be clear, the problem exists with the server, not RealFlight itself.

We will be working on this issue. We'll post again when we believe it's resolved. In the meantime, you can try hosting, but depending on the timing people may or may not be able to see your session.

Thanks for the update.

I have to say, I'm mighty pleased I can even connect. I kept getting errors regarding port numbers with the previous version, so the fact that I can connect to a game is a great bit of progress.

By the way, the only server I can find is the "Knife Edge Session", Flight School Airport. There are 2/16 players connected but both don't seem to be at their computers... or aren't human :)

Assuming this is a list server issue, hopefully it is updated soon, I'm keen to try out the combat functionality (a key reason why I bought G5 for after all!).

Cheerio till next posting :)

the Knife edge session is a test set up by Chris Mcvey not a server error
when we were testing 4.5 in the same way we had agreed that if you were in the session but not at your PC that everyone adopt the habit of parking your aircraft at the wind sock as a signal that you were just "Not there".maybe if people are going to join but not "Be" there that every one adopt the same policy in this testing round(It'd be better if everyone who joined stuck around or just left if they aren't participating in the first place)

okay its about 12:10pm eastern time, just tried it, worked, did get the red error at the top, saw a ghost heli sitting there, guess its the host, he was only one else in session, i flew around a bit, landed, got out, so it seems like it worked, i can try later today, maybe 2 eastern time? if anyone is around maybe we can actually fly together? im guessing it works fine though since i was in, btw i have no mic so i would use text chat if anything

Attachments

• ScreenShot1274457959.jpg
    ScreenShot1274457959.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 17
loged on and no sessions found, cant stay on, here is what the log says, ive never messed with any scenery or anything myself

RealFlight found multiple objects named: Dumpster
Old: o:\scenerydisk7\image\Airports\AirportObjects\Miscellaneous\Dumpster.airportobject
New: o:\rfsim\image\Models\SceneModels\Miscellaneous\Dumpster\Dumpster.airportobject

I have restarted the KE test session. Chris is out of the office today, so it will mostly be left unattended on our side, but hopefully you will encounter other participants when you join. I have started the Variety game list.

diamondave5 said:
RealFlight found multiple objects named: Dumpster
Old: o:\scenerydisk7\image\Airports\AirportObjects\Miscellaneous\Dumpster.airportobject
New: o:\rfsim\image\Models\SceneModels\Miscellaneous\Dumpster\Dumpster.airportobject

That's interesting...

KE have a look at his conflict!

---

Normally object naming conflicts occur with imported aircraft or objects.

I haven't seen it occur with add-ons and expansion packs like this before...

yeh i copied and pasted from the notepad file so thats what is says word for word, like i said, ive not deleted, added, or modified any scenery in any fields since getting g5 or the upgrade, so whats up? :rolleyes:

I've reproduced that message here. We'll take a look at it. In the meantime, you may see an unintended version of the dumpster object wherever it is placed in airports that you load, but there will be no other harm.

Back