Optimum computer hardware

I know this sounds kind of silly but anything more than 6 years old but not older than 14 years. new gpus and cpus have problems and anything newer than 2008 or 09 should be okay.

2022-12-14 00_24_18-Steam.jpg

Not much, compared to what is out there for new systems. You would be hard pressed to find one "too low" except for super budget ones.
The system I am typing on now, using Evolution:

i5-2500K processor
8 gig RAM
Nvidia GTX 960 card
running a 1440 monitor

With everything cranked up, I consistently get 40-50 FPS
It does come to its knees when I hook up the VR headset, even on minimal graphics settings.
Mostly bought in 2015. Running Win 10. Can't get any of the above anymore, except the monitor.

Almost any "gaming" system would be overkill just for Realflight. Make sure to get one with a Nvidia based graphics card, and avoid the driver issues other brands have/had.

Go as high as you can afford for processor, video and ram - not for Evolution, but to "future proof". There are noises being made about a future update to the graphics system. I'd guess a year or two away at minimum. But after their learning with going too high with RFX, likely still won't need a really high end machine like Microsoft Flight Simulator always seems to demand.

Note that many laptops actually have two video systems - the high end card they are marketed as having, and a low end Intel on the motherboard that they may not tell you about that the system defaults to (maybe for energy saving?). The low end one has to be disabled, as it is way to low for even Realflight.

Back