OWNED PLANES NOT LISTED IN SWAP

ROOKIEPILOT

Hi people!!!

Very new to RC (like 2 weeks fresh) and have Realflight 9.5 on order. I have a Sonikrc "Voltanex" p-51 D RTF, which I'm struggling with on expert mode and an E-flite UMX MiG-15 EDF (I know...big jump right), which I've yet to fly.

I couldn't see either plane listed in the swap pages so was wondering if there are any similar planes I could train with on Realfight?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

well One thing I have learned with rc is that every plane is different, and yet they all share similarities. RF has a great diversity of air craft. And in my experience, when I have become proficient in flying a large assortment of aircraft I find it easy to fly any aircraft as long as I know the aircraft's limitations.

Hi people!!!

Very new to RC (like 2 weeks fresh) and have Realflight 9.5 on order. I have a Sonikrc "Voltanex" p-51 D RTF, which I'm struggling with on expert mode and an E-flite UMX MiG-15 EDF (I know...big jump right), which I've yet to fly.

I couldn't see either plane listed in the swap pages so was wondering if there are any similar planes I could train with on Realfight?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
Similar to what @Happycat said, there are so many airplanes included with RealFlight 9.5 that you probably won't need to download anything from the swap pages in order to get the experience you need. Just make sure you fly a wide variety of the ones that are included with RealFlight.

I'm interested to find out whether the more-experienced flyers agree with this.

well One thing I have learned with rc is that every plane is different, and yet they all share similarities. RF has a great diversity of air craft. And in my experience, when I have become proficient in flying a large assortment of aircraft I find it easy to fly any aircraft as long as I know the aircraft's limitations.

Ok, I'll give them a ago. Hopefully RF arrives in the next couple days as I'm grounded due to wet UK weather ha!

Similar to what @Happycat said, there are so many airplanes included with RealFlight 9.5 that you probably won't need to download anything from the swap pages in order to get the experience you need. Just make sure you fly a wide variety of the ones that are included with RealFlight.

I'm interested to find out whether the more-experienced flyers agree with this.

I will do! Looking forward to it! :D

congrats on the successful p-51 flight. it sounded like it was your first plane.

I would say real flight is more suited to getting comfortable flying planes than flight training on a specific plane. there are not enough modelers here to make every plane from every manufacturer in every wingspan. but real flight does provide an excellent variety of planes. that can get you close enough. and when you boil all planes down to there base mechanics they all more or less handle the same. you push stick A direction B and the plane does action C and how far you push is how fast action c happens which varies depending on the plane.

RF also helps train innate responses to problems. the plane is diving towards the ground and it is still at a moderate altitude, do I? A: add more throttle. B gently pull up elevator. C spike up elevator. or D freeze up and wonder what to do.

my flight mentor had bought a used Giant Ugly stik and I was about to get one so he let me fly it. this was the start of 2.4 Ghz end of crystals. and we where talk I was flying he was spotting we were the only ones at the field then but still. I was sort of hitting the controls hard (flying aggressively and accedently banked past 90 going into a turn and he saw his new to him plane go into a diving turn, he tensed up (coal to diamond level) seeing his plane go towards the ground I momentarily stopped talking reduced the bank about 80 degrees into the 180 turn climbed back to altitude and releveled off while still making the turn. I got a little chewed out. but it was still flying.

I also had a tower 60 trainer on landing on a super windy day go knifeedge on final about 4ft in the air. I leveled the wings and firewalled the motor and went around. I would chock it up to the time I had spent in real flight conditioning the innate responses to problems

congrats on the successful p-51 flight. it sounded like it was your first plane.

I would say real flight is more suited to getting comfortable flying planes than flight training on a specific plane. there are not enough modelers here to make every plane from every manufacturer in every wingspan. but real flight does provide an excellent variety of planes. that can get you close enough. and when you boil all planes down to there base mechanics they all more or less handle the same. you push stick A direction B and the plane does action C and how far you push is how fast action c happens which varies depending on the plane.

RF also helps train innate responses to problems. the plane is diving towards the ground and it is still at a moderate altitude, do I? A: add more throttle. B gently pull up elevator. C spike up elevator. or D freeze up and wonder what to do.

my flight mentor had bought a used Giant Ugly stik and I was about to get one so he let me fly it. this was the start of 2.4 Ghz end of crystals. and we where talk I was flying he was spotting we were the only ones at the field then but still. I was sort of hitting the controls hard (flying aggressively and accedently banked past 90 going into a turn and he saw his new to him plane go into a diving turn, he tensed up (coal to diamond level) seeing his plane go towards the ground I momentarily stopped talking reduced the bank about 80 degrees into the 180 turn climbed back to altitude and releveled off while still making the turn. I got a little chewed out. but it was still flying.

I also had a tower 60 trainer on landing on a super windy day go knifeedge on final about 4ft in the air. I leveled the wings and firewalled the motor and went around. I would chock it up to the time I had spent in real flight conditioning the innate responses to problems

Yeah you’re right! Technically it’s not my first plane as the first one I got when I was 12 for Christmas was destroyed Christmas afternoon, immediately after a hand launch ha! This was my first successful flight, albeit it getting stuck in a tree! Honestly the most fun I’ve had in years!

This is some great insight into how to utilise RF! I’m already stalking my next plane (in anticipation for my delivery) but will definitely give it a few/several months of practice with my current babies and RF before I buy it!

Thank you ?

Back