P-Factor/Torque Issue

zdsweet

Hello All,

I just picked up RF7 yesterday and am pretty impressed with it overall. I am using my DX18QQ with the controller interface. I have really only had a couple issues so far with it. The one main one is the realism of P Factor and Torque. Generally, with a prop that spins counter-clockwise, as with almost all props, there is usually a pull to the left on takeoff. This will typically happen at low speeds and high angles of attack, or on the ground when you bring the engine to power due to the spiraling prop stream. However, in RF7, I have noticed that the airplane pulls to the right, not the left. Is this a common issue? It doesn't really bother me that much but I was curious if anyone else had noticed.

Happy Landings,

Zach

Most of the planes in Realflight are "constructed" with optimal settings.

That means the firewall has the correct right thrust to offset the left pull.

This creates a somewhat idealized condition.

You can however increase the P-Factor or left pull on takeoff using the editor.

That said, I usually adjust my real planes, either via mixing, thrust adjustment, etc. so as to eliminate left pull. To me RF is not unrealistic for a properly adjusted plane.

And THAT said.... the default left thrust effect for some planes is IMHO a bit too benign as the planes come in the sim.

Left thrust effects were reduced some time ago when the flight model was tweaked in prior versions and the effect lessened TOO much. I wish this was fixed.

You can adjust your models somewhat....

Start by eliminating all right thrust in the model.

Then increase the torque to the airframe and the other parameters to try to increase the left pull effect.

Back