the turbulence set to 0
with the global wind in the RF settings @ 0

I can still see the wind sock luft as if there is wind blowing
yet there are not any effects of wind on the plane or its smoke
as if it is indeed at 0
but .........thats not what the wind sock is saying

When I do increase the wind speed
everything works as it should
but with a 10 mph wind the sock looks like its in a tropical storm :p ( but feels like a 10 mph wind)

If I use the Evergreen field from RF6 everything is as it should be with out changing anything other than APs............. :confused:

BTW..... the default wind speed in the 4.5 AP is set to 0

Attachments

• ScreenShot1321846659.jpg
    ScreenShot1321846659.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 12
  • ScreenShot609.jpg
    ScreenShot609.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot1321846964.jpg
    ScreenShot1321846964.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 9
Under environment, check if thermals are set to dynamic or simple. Dynamic will cause what you describe. I still can't seem to actually gain lift from the dynamic thermals in 6, but haven't filled out a bug report yet. I need to further test and see if others have the same issue.

All of the wind socks luft quite a bit with zero wind speed and dynamic thermals enabled. They all just hang on simple as you would expect.

Yeah, the dynamic thermals only seem to affect the wind sock, but nothing else. I have been trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing the "no updraft" issue, but not getting a response. I guess gliding into thermals is a lost art.

mwilson914

I'm looking into the updraft part on our end here at KE. Need to reproduce the issue first before I decide to file a case.

Thanks,
Chris

Back