Photofield Depth perception

DJB78

I downloaded a few panoramic images and imported them as raw image. I got man of them from one of the links on RFmodels.com

Im not so handy with the creation aspact.

My problem is this:

How do I make the planes interact with the scenery? For example, on the photofield, there is a building there, maybe 50-100ft away. My plane flys right through it, and always apears in the foreground. This is the case with trees, cars. buildings, etc.

I want it to appear as if those buildings that appear 50 feet away, really are 50 feet away. If I appear to hit the building, I want to crash right there.

I think you guys get the idea. So, How do I set it up?

You can do this in the airport editor. Add an object to your photofield and then look at the properties for the object. One of the properties is called "Render to Depth Buffer Only". This means that the object will be "invisible" and will, when lined up with an object in your photo, give you the result you're looking for. For example, if there is a barn in your photo, add the barn object to your airport in the airport editor using the "Pilot Preview" window to line the barn object up with the barn in your photo. Then set "Render to Depth Buffer Only" to Yes. Now when you fly "behind" the barn in the photo it will appear as if you really flew behind the barn or you can even fly into it and crash.

Look at some of the stock photofields for good examples of depth buffer objects.

Back