technoid

Piper Cherokee 180_EA

technoid

technoid submitted a new upload:

Piper Cherokee 180_EA

One of my friends on the developer forum mentioned his family had a Piper Cherokee 180 so I decided to create a RealFlight model of it for him. He gave me lots of help during the build and provided pictures of the real plane so the model I created is patterned after the real plane. The plane has a detailed cabin and all the flight controls move with the radio. There's also a detailed four cylinder flat four in the cowl you can see though the intake and using the X-Ray view you can see the...

View the Swap Page

I have noticed one 'Tiny glitch' with the model. When you use the brakes and the plane noses down, the nose tire comes through the top of the wheel pant. Possibly the wheel pant is constrained to the fuselage instead of the tire.

I have noticed one 'Tiny glitch' with the model. When you use the brakes and the plane noses down, the nose tire comes through the top of the wheel pant. Possibly the wheel pant is constrained to the fuselage instead of the tire.
I knew about that glitch and it can be stopped by making the nose gear stiffer but I needed to keep the original setting so the plane would work the best in RF-X too so I lived with it. But if you want to fix it go in the physics and increase the stiffness for the nose gear I can't remember the stiffness BrokeDad used to fix it but maybe he will chime in and give you the setting he used.

And yes the wheel pant is a child of the gear so it's fixed and doesn't go up and down with the tire.

can't remember the stiffness BrokeDad used to fix it but maybe he will chime in and give you the setting he used.

I set the stiffness on the nose gear to 350 to keep it from coming up through the wheel pant. Brake servo strength on the nose wheel is 5 and on the others wheels it's 75. I also increased the rolling resistance of the wheels to 200 to make the plane roll less easily.

I’m pretty new to this so need some help.
Downloaded this model and imported into RealFlight 9. It flys, but -

1) Model is way oversized (2X) as compared to other models of same wingspan
2) Engine is always running even with gimbal fully off
3) Model flys very slowly (even at full throttle)

Are there adjustments I need to/can make in the config to make it more realistic. And, if so, where do I find the config page?
Really appreciate the creation of this model and want to have this in the sim as this will be my next RC aircraft purchase. And I owned/flew the full-size for 12 years.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back