Plane flight control variability.

Timbotim

Hi,
I'm a newbie using RF9.5S and I've noticed that some planes fly as they should and others don't.
I've got the physics set on realistic and the Yak-54 performs perfectly. However not so much with the E-flight Apprentice STS 1.5 m which seems to jump around and I can't roll it. The E-flite Timber X 1.2m has the right hand flap in the down position and is unflyable! Why is this?
Lastly, can the planes be trimmed using the trim controls on the Interlink.DX controller?

Cheers, Tim

The Apprentice and the Timber both have SAFE/AS3X available. In SAFE or intermediate modes the Apprentice will not roll. On mine, it does seem too pitch sensitive in the SAFE or Intermediate modes, but that may be just my poorly configured controller (I've been messing with it a lot and it may be way out of calibration).
Yes, planes can be trimmed using the InterlinkDX.
Have you calibrated the controller?

The Apprentice and the Timber both have SAFE/AS3X available. In SAFE or intermediate modes the Apprentice will not roll. On mine, it does seem too pitch sensitive in the SAFE or Intermediate modes, but that may be just my poorly configured controller (I've been messing with it a lot and it may be way out of calibration).
Yes, planes can be trimmed using the InterlinkDX.
Have you calibrated the controller?
Yes. Not sure how to trim though. How do I change the modes?

Here are the common functions assigned to the switches on the InterLink DX.

Frequently-Used Switch Locations
Here are some highlights that seem to be common across models if they support the given function.
Switch A - Move retractable landing gear up or down, or else activate a smoke trail on some models
Switch B - Change flight modes on models that implement Horizon's SAFE trainer or SAFE Select technology
Switch C - Elevator Dual Rates (also called Low Rates)
Switch D - Flaps
Switch F - Aileron Dual Rates
Switch G - Rudder Dual Rates
Switch H - Throttle Hold (all helicopters in RF are designed to keep the motor off when Throttle Hold is turned on)
Button I (on top) - Panic Mode, if equipped (only on beginner-style aircraft), or also Thrust Reverse (on planes equipped with that function)

I don't have an InterlinkDX...but start with the Apprentice on the runway. Hit the "0" key (the one across the top of the keyboard that is also ")").
This will bring up the Mode gadget. On my Interlink-X, it is the 3 position Ch8 switch that varies the settings. Try your 3 position switches until you find the right one. If nothing happens, you may need to go into the controller menu, to configure it as flightengr just posted.

Planes that are flying with an assist mode (AS3X, etc.) may be resistant to very resistant to trim changes - the gyros keep compensating to remove the "correction" it sees as interfering. If your primary issue is with constant climb, throttle back rather than apply elevator trim. (or turn off the stabilization mode, if you can)

Back