Plane Ghosting

Cfen

Hey,

Just got my copy of RF-8. Its working pretty good in VR, full immersion and all that. One thing though, I'm getting a ghosting image with the planes in flight. Its strange, this doesn't happen in other games. Is this happening to anyone else?

Cfen
Oculus Rift CV1

Hey,

Just got my copy of RF-8. Its working pretty good in VR, full immersion and all that. One thing though, I'm getting a ghosting image with the planes in flight. Its strange, this doesn't happen in other games. Is this happening to anyone else?

Cfen
Oculus Rift CV1

bring up the nav gadget in vr and check fps. Is it 45 or 90?

if fps is 45, either lower graphic settings or switch to a photofield.

after lowering settings, check to see if you get 90 fps in the headset. If you get 90 in the headset check to see if ghosting is gone.

If all of the above is true, then the process of running ASW in VR is causing your ghosting effect.

Hope this helps,
mickey

Hey,

Cfen
Oculus Rift CV1

What card do you have? What frame rate is it giving you in VR?

Also, in my Nvidia settings, there is one called "Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames". I always set this to it's minimum (1) because inputs are so fast in RC flying... a pre-rendered image will be stale very quickly and you would get a perceived delay in response... or maybe even a ghost image? Dunno... best guess.

hi

Thanks for the help, but none of it worked. Also, I have CV2 not CV1. Anyway, what is ASW?

hi

Thanks for the help, but none of it worked. Also, I have CV2 not CV1. Anyway, what is ASW?

Asynchronous Spacewarp (ASW) is a frame-rate smoothing technique that almost halves the CPU/GPU time required to produce nearly the same output from the same content. Like Asynchronous Timewarp (ATW), ASW is automatic and enabled without any additional effort from developers.

CV2 isn't even released yet. Current version of oculus is CV1

I am learning alot about VR, from reading these posts. Thank you mickster, I hope you plan on sticking around since your knowledge on the subject of VR is great to have around here. I have never tried a VR setup on the PC before, just FPV from my quads.. I know it will be a completely different experience from the ground, but flying FPV using the goggles should be similar to the quad flying I do, or I would think so anyways.

Hopefully I get to purchase a set of goggles in the coming months, just have to get the wife onboard :)

I am learning alot about VR, from reading these posts. Thank you mickster, I hope you plan on sticking around since your knowledge on the subject of VR is great to have around here. I have never tried a VR setup on the PC before, just FPV from my quads.. I know it will be a completely different experience from the ground, but flying FPV using the goggles should be similar to the quad flying I do, or I would think so anyways.

Hopefully I get to purchase a set of goggles in the coming months, just have to get the wife onboard :)
Same here... especially that LAST sentence!

Some ghosting while in motion is expected at 45 fps. That has nothing to do with RealFlight specifically and everything to do with the nature of VR headsets. You have likely already done this, but you should adjust your graphics quality settings until you get 90 fps. That will eliminate the problem.

Back