Plane Request: Hanger9 Showtime!

First Flight

Hey folks, just an update. I took some pictures and should have them soon. The plane w/the Saito 125 was AWSOME! Came in @ 9lbs and with a 16x4 3D prop the plane flew great! It will do ANY trick in the book and then some. I might swap to a 16x5 or 6 after the motor finaly breaks in since I've only got about 8 tanks of fuel through it so far but I am very happy with the way the set up is so far. I didn't try the SFG's yet and I am sure they will add alot when it comes to high alpha knife edges but so far I can hold a perfect knife edge with 1/4 to 1/3 rudder at slow speeds without them. I had to do very little trimming with the balance 1/2" tail heavy of the recommended setup of 7 7/16". I'm probably going to go another 1/2" tail heavy after everything is said and done. Anyway, I'll post some pictures of the maiden flight/day as soon as I get a chance to. Anyone thinking of getting a new plane? I recommend this baby! Cio fer now!

I'm pouting now.... C'mon, surely I'm not the only one that would like to see this plane for G3? Like a wise man once said.... Git 'R' Dun! :D BTW... flew it for the first time with the SFG's and it will hold a knife edge @ 1/4 throttle 50-70% rudder no problemo... I'm having a blast with this plane! Even a several members at our local field have told me I have improved hucking big time! I blame it on the plane... hehe

Here's a couple of pic's I took just prior to it's maiden flight... it flys as good as it looks!

Attachments

• Showtime2.JPG
    Showtime2.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Showtime3.JPG
    Showtime3.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Another View of the Showtime

Here's another view this time with the SFG's... Pawease Rick, I gotta itch I wanna scratch and you know I'd make the model if I only had a brain! hehe

Attachments

• ShowtimeSFG.JPG
    ShowtimeSFG.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hey, I have a showtime 90 and the elevators are not linked, but on my radio (7CAP) I had to use a reverser because it doesn't support the elevator mixing.

gavinlewis said:
Hey, I have a showtime 90 and the elevators are not linked, but on my radio (7CAP) I had to use a reverser because it doesn't support the elevator mixing.

I have the 9Cap so I just used chanel 2 and 5... you can also use digital Htech servos and with a programer you can reverse the servo. I thought you could slave the elevator on another chanel with the 7Cap. Good luck with your plane... I'm having a blast with mine. The only weak point about that plane as far as I'm concerned is the tail wheel... the metal is weak and bends easily. What motor did you put in it?

I would not hold your breath. Rick has stated in another thread that he is no longer creating user downloadable models. Especially if it is of a model that is manufactured by a company that supports another simulator such as Hanger9 supporting FSone. It was reported by Rick that he had received emails from such companies to remove content (meaning his downloadable models fro G3-3.5).

Back