Please can you help with RF8 link?

JimmyO

Hi,

I hope those of you that are stateside are having a great Thanks Giving holiday!

I am having an issue with the FlightAxis link from RF8. When I initially installed RF8 I received a LINKUNLOCK code and the connection worked perfectly; I was using it with Ardupilot through Mission Planner.

Unfortunately, my extremely enthusiastic 6 year old Son clicked the 'Uninstall RF' button whilst trying to log in when nobody was looking! Since then I have re-installed RF8 several times, and requested and obtained a new LINKUNLOCK code. When I enter the code I get a confirmation message that 'LINKUNLOCK has been enabled on this computer'. However, after that I am unable to establish a link with ArduPilot.

Tridge has just helped me to problem solve this issue. We have run 'Netstat -an' and we have identified that the computer is not listening to socket port 18083. Please can you help? I can PM my serial number and other details as required.

Thanks

Jimmy

Hi @BrokeDad,

No that hasn't been the case. You have prompted me to get the updates sorted though, which has required getting a password unlock from KnifeEdge that I am currently waiting for. I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Cheers

JimmyO, all pending orders have been filled through the store.

You might want to check if your Physics settings are set not to pause when in background. If the simulator is paused because it doesn't have focus, then your FlightAxis Link client won't exchange updates with it. I would still expect it to connect, but I haven't tested that.

Thanks Jeremy. Zach from Horizon Hobby has helped me to reset registration and upgrade to the correct version. I've submitted a new request for a LINK code too; I'll let you know if that works. Fingers crossed!

Thank you

All sorted. Thank you very much for your inputs. Zach at HH was really helpful and got me sorted. I needed to re-set my registration and update to the correct software version through the technical menu. I also obtained the new link unlock code as I mentioned. Now all is good.

Cheers!

Jimmy

Back