Please give me your feedback

What type of new features are most important?

• Better visuals

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Better physics

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • New content (aircraft, airports, sounds)

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • New application features

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK Sbach... took all the way down to 10%, no noticeable improvement. dialed it up to 800% still I can fly like Matt Chapman... now look what you gone and did, now I am delusional too! Sorry, did not work for me.

Exit the sim and go back and try your edited model.

Sometimes the changes don't seem to kick in until you do this.

It should make a BIG difference.

I would like to see better visuals, the physics do need a little bit of a tweak, but ALMOST everything so far is coming out with DirectX 11, or at least a patch for it.

If you were to use DirectX 11, you could make it selectable in the launcher as either DX9, or DX11 in a drop down box.

Then lower end or older machines can still run DX9, and the machines that support DX11 can run it, and get better visuals. It could be a simple solution to make "everyone" happy.

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 22
Dr. Moo,
I think that there is going to be a time when there are two versions... one for high powered computers with great hardware for gaming, and a lesser version for the lower powered computers.

You can't please everyone with one product... I kind of see a fork in the road ahead.

Dr. Moo,
I think that there is going to be a time when there are two versions... one for high powered computers with great hardware for gaming, and a lesser version for the lower powered computers.

You can't please everyone with one product... I kind of see a fork in the road ahead.

there are many programs nowadays that are like that. Civilization 5 for instance lets me choose which DirectX version i want to use.

I would like to see a Favorites list. I have a handful of models that I like to fly, but I also like to try new models from the swap pages. The problem is that trying new models pushes my favorites off the MRU list. It would be nice to have one of these options:
• The MRU list could have a larger history, say 25 models, but only show the 10 most recent. Then you could right-click on a model you don't want on the MRU list and select "Remove". This would allow your favorites to come back to the most recent 10 (as long as you didn't try out more than 15 new models before removing them from the list).
• A new Favorites list. You could then right-click on a model in the MRU list and select "Add to favorites". Right-clicking a model in the Favorites list would allow you to "Remove" it.

These aren't difficult software additions, and I've seen others ask for a Favorites list as well.

What a tragedy !.....you have to wait 14 seconds longer to use the conventional aircraft selection menu !

My favorites always seem to be on the MRU list anyhow

This is already available. you can create your own sound files for the engines. and add them to the existing rotor sounds for a better effect if you choose.

Ok coming from RF 3 to 6, the latest RF 6.5 should have better sounds for nitro helis.

Since this kinda sounds like a "I wish RF had this" thread, I want Realflight to have a option to send a AV,CS, or a swap EA from person to person in a multiplayer session and to allow the program to import it while in the session like we had way back in the old days. (the import while in multiplayer part :)) That way if you see the Smurf, you can say "Hey let me get a copy of that plane?" and you can goto the menu and just send it to him, RF will install it and you will see it :) Same goes if 2 or more people are in the process of editing Physics, which I do frequently with other people, I can send them my version and they can send me theirs while in the program and not have to export and post on swaps or use Instant messenger to transfer person to person.

Last edited:
In the "I wish it had" catagory...

I wish RF had assignable parts failures.

e.g. You could set a structural component or compents to break when a flight failure is triggered.

That way you could say, have both elevators break off as part of the flight failure with both the physical effects and the visual representations...

BTW: This happened to my 50cc Ultimate.... it immediately pitched nose up with throttle.

I was able to get it down in once piece ( minus the two elevator halves fluttering to earth... ) using throttle for pitch control, thanks in large part to having practised this in Realflight a few months ago.

Something like this would be a great teaching tool...

Better physics and better 3D landscapes also i think you should be able to choose more than one option in the poll.

also i think you should be able to choose more than one option in the poll.
And then many people would vote for everything, which isn't very helpful in trying to determine which is most important, as the poll asks. ;)

NOW yer talk'in :D:D:D

How about a terrain editor like the one that came with the original MX vs. ATV Unleashed !!!!
it allows you to make mountains and valleys

Last edited:
what is the most important!

To have a simulator that looks better than the reality ?
500 million polygons per Airplane ?
Games like Combat and "have not enough" ?
Imgame editors ?
Replay functions ?
and
and
and

!! no, it is a simulation !! to train your skills !! to learn to fly !! to teach friends !!

!! everything else should do outside !! at the airfield !! with your friends in your club !!
with real airplanes, weather and fresh air

Back