Please help

new home guy

I'm an idiot when it comes to some of this stuff. I know a lot of you have posted the answer to this question but it is not in plain dummy talk. I would like to know how to get g3 or 3.5 planes into g4. Sorry to ask this question again but I still don't get it. thanks

-david

Do like this !

Hi.

This text below, is from the file >RealFlight G4 Manual.pdf< it describes how you can import files. :

Import
The Import menu item allows you to utilize, or import, content created by other users.
There are three types of files that are associated with RealFlight G4; each will be
covered in the section that follows.

RealFlight Archive (RFX, G3X)-
RFX is the file extension that is used for all files exported from RealFlight G4.
This menu option allows you to import an RFX file. You will use this for all
files that you have downloaded. There is nothing special you need to know
about the file beforehand; the RFX importer handles all types of content,
including planes, color schemes, airports, PhotoFields, and recordings.

After choosing the Import menu item followed by the RealFlight Archive
(RFX, G3X), you will be presented with an Open file dialog. Use this dialog to
find the file that you want to import. Double-click the file or click the file and
click Open. The import process will start immediately and once it’s finished
you will see a message confirming its success.
This menu item also allows you to import G3X files used in RealFlight G3 and
G3.5.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this will help you out.

Leo2 TMFK Sweden :)

i've downloaded the g3.5 planes and when i try to import them into g4 they aren't there. i've imported g4 planes but can't get the g3.5 ones.

i have the g4 planes imported and know they are in the custom folder. it's the g3.5 planes i can't get imported. when i go to the import and the box pops up to find the file, it doesn't find it. does it matter that i didn't have g3.5?

Down load another plane from the G3 swap page and look at where it is saved to. It may not be going to the same place as G4.

I've read quite a few cases in this forum and outside of KE forums,
in which the newbs extract the contents of the archive, and then try to import the .kex inside it.
That's incorrect.

When a .g3x file is downloaded it should be left intact without re-naming the extension.

Use import G3X instead of KEX.

I don't know if it's your case, but please do explain how exactly you are importing the craft into the simulator.

i hit the download button. it says it doesn't know the program. i save it as g3x and don't change anything. when i go to find it in g4 or even in windows explorer it won't show the file. is it possible vista? what else could be the problem?

-david

Like was said before, DO NOT OPEN the file from the Web browser, follow the step by step that was given to you in post #3.

new home guy said:
i keep getting messages that say it can't be loaded because it is based on aircraft i don't have. any fix?
You're downloading a xxxx_AV or a xxxx_CS file. You need the EA file first.
EA-Entire Aircraft
AV-Aircraft Variant
CS-Color Scheme

jeffpn said:
You need the EA file first.

It may be that you need an EA, or it may actually be that you need a particular Add-On or Expansion Pack, which your downloaded variant is based on. For AVs and CSs, the swap pages will tell you exactly what additional file / product you may need by looking at the "Requires" line on the file's page.

Back