Problem changing colors in a model

jotae

Please, help me what is wrong: (I use G4.5 version legal)

I download models that don't have textures applied. I try to apply following the steps of this tutorial exactly:

• Select the aircraft you would like to repaint.
• Go to the Aircraft menu and select “save color scheme as”
• Give the scheme a name and press OK
• This will create a TGA image file in the following folder …
C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\ColorSchemes
• Edit this file in a paint package e.g. Photoshop or Paint shop pro (don't change the name or the file type)
• Launch Realflight and go to “select aircraft” and select the aircraft you created a custom scheme for. You should have an extra option under color scheme, choose it and your new scheme will be applied to the aircraft

I also try this too

What I do when re-doing a standard RF scheme is pick the plane you want to change .
(example) Nexstar-
1. load the plane
2 .save the scheme to Nexstar2 under "Save color scheme as"
3. load the saved scheme under "Select color scheme" Nexstar2
This will make a new dds.
4.Go to your Photo shop or Paint shop open the Nexstar2.tga from the colorscheme dir. and do what ever editing you wish and save the file as
Nexstar.tga, make sure it is saving a tga not psd ,turn of compression if it is on ,and make sure it is not saving the file as a copy. restart RF ,and it will make a new dds with your changes.

But....nothing!!! The color don´t change.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

(I don´t speak english very well. Sorry)

After you`ve made a change, go to file/save.......not,save as,... go into RF/aircraft/color scheme...a DDS should be created at this time,...wait a min. for the DDS to be completed,..at this point you should see your changes.;)

What version of G4.5 are you using?..4.5.021? 4.5.032? 4.5.050?
It will tell you which version on the top right corner of the RF launcher .........................update to the latest (last) version ( 4.5.050)
4.Go to your Photo shop or Paint shop open the Nexstar2.tga from the colorscheme dir. and do what ever editing you wish and save the file as
Nexstar.tga, But....nothing!!! The color don´t change.
And therein lies your Problem.............
You are not seeing changes to the new "Nexstar2" tga because you are saving it as "Nexstar" in the photo editor
doing So leaves the Nexstar2 tga unchanged....hence your Problem

RF is looking for the file under the name you used when you "Save Color Scheme As" in RF ......

Edit the Nexstar2 tga file in a photo editor and DO NOT 'Save As" or otherwise change its name in the photo editor
just make sure it closes as a .tga

Quick fix with out having to re-do everything(this time only )..........

Open the Nexstar tga that contains the changes you made in a photo editor
and "Save As" Nexstar2 .tga
go see your changes in RF

Last edited:
Thanks to all!!!!!!!

Now working fine only using SAVE instead SAVE AS....

My version is 4.5.021 and is legal as I say.

Really, thanks very much. I'm new with this incredible soft.

Yup. Everyone who runs 4.50.021 is legal.

You are aware the update to 4.50.050 is free to all legal customers, no?

Back