Problem seeing other players when connected

Willamette

Seems more often than not I connect to a multiplayer server and all the other players are in the middle of the airport, stacked and buried. I can see their names and every once in a while it shows their plane/heli moving around, underground.

What is the problem here?

Do I have the wrong airport?

If so, how do you know which airport they have selected so that I can download it? BTW, I do have all three add-ons installed.

Also it will occassionally tell me I have left the flight area when in fact I am right above the runway, nowhere near the edge of the loaded airport. Is this related and why does it occur?

Thanks in advance,

Will

What kind of internet connection do you have?
Are you running through a firewall?
What kind of latency do you see from the other players?

I have a cable connection, AT&T, from the West coast.

The servers I have witnessed this problem on are in Texas, Arizona, Florida, and Oregon.

Not sure what the latency is as I have not pinged the servers. Is there a way to check using RF?

My connection goes through a Router/Hub/Switch (Linksys 4 port). There are some players that I can see just fine, while others are as I described in my first posting.

Thanks,

Will

The same things happen to me. But in addition, i get disconnected from every session i join. Kinda frustrating. I have the following open in my firewall:
2300-2400
and high ports 37000 - 40000

This may also need to be brought up to KE, but when i try and host a fly-in it posts my local machine ip, and not my natted public ip.

Microsoft has acknowleged a problem with disconnects using DirectPlay (RealFlight G2 uses DirectPlay for mplayer).

Make sure you have all of the most recent Windows updates.

Back