Problem with Real Flight 9.0-9.5s hanging on program launch (long term, multiple systems)

My computer is a PC with Windows 7 and has an Intel R graphics media accelerator HD graphics card.
Thank you for trying to help
I have deleted/uninstallEd both realflight and steam. Then installed them again. Did not help. Still my computer locks out and goes black
What else can I do?

I uninstalled RealFlight and Steam
Again I installed RealFlight and Steam, took 1.5 hrs.
Still RF does not start and freezes my computer.
I was able to play RF for more than 30 hrs on this computer before importing a model from Knifeedge. SO I guess that this model is the source of my troubles. It seems to me that Steam keeps info of the past realflight installs because I can read the total time played after uninstalling RF. Does this mean that Steam keeps the model that I am trying to erase and I don't know how?

Finally got it working again!!
Thank you so much for your help and sorry for all the troubles. It doesn't matter to uninstall RF since it remembers your models from before.
What fixed it for me was finding and deleting the last model I had imported. In libraries-documents-realflight 9-vehicles-custom vehicles and deleting the last imported model.

Dear Knifeedge F3A model Harmony has a terrible glitch that freezes computers, stops realflight from being able to run. Could you please have this model fixed or removed from the swap pages.
Best regards Davy

I'm glad you got things straightened out! That would have been the next thing I suggested.

Exactly which model did you import? Was it this one? Or this one? Those are the only two EAs I found matching your description.

I imported the former and it hasn't caused any problems for me. I flew with it, exited, and restarted the sim with it currently selected.

I actually meant to suggest that. :) It should be safe enough at this point, and would be good to know if you continue to have problems with it or if it was just some kind of random glitch that happened to be very powerful.

Hopefully it'll work fine and you can then enjoy that content!

Hey , all, my 9.5s worked perfect for 1 year, then i get up 1 day and it stopped working, for no reason , and without any changes to my system... I did all the tests recomended in here , and no can do ....nothing , its dead

I am having trouble with my Realflight 9.
It was working completely fine on my old laptop, however it now is not working and none of the in game menus work, when i move the sticks on my controller it doesn't do anything in the sim and overall it just doesn't seem to work. It isn't frozen though because it still does the zoom in animation when starting the program.
Starting is normal, when in the launcher it doesn't say anything is wrong, opening the program is also fine, however, once in the program it doesn't work at all.
does anyone know why this is?

Attachments

• 1711619617984.png
    1711619617984.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
It was working completely fine on my old laptop, however it now is not working and none of the in game menus work, when i move the sticks on my controller it doesn't do anything in the sim and overall it just doesn't seem to work. It isn't frozen though because it still does the zoom in animation when starting the program.
Starting is normal, when in the launcher it doesn't say anything is wrong, opening the program is also fine, however, once in the program it doesn't work at all.
Sounds like you just upgraded to a new laptop. If so, this is due to the new Intel chips for graphics not supporting DX9 any more. You'll need a separate graphics adaptor (Nvidia). If you already have one (or get one) you'll need to make sure Windows is set to always use it when running RF. Or upgrade to RF Evolution via Steam, which is compatible with newer hardware.

I did just upgrade my laptop but i don't really want to get a graphics adaptor. Is there a way to get RF evolution from steam as a free upgrade? As it seems a bit expensive. I have emailed RF tech support so do you think they might provide a code for an upgrade or something like that because it seems quite scummy that they have made a game which can't be played on newer computers.

Sounds like you just upgraded to a new laptop. If so, this is due to the new Intel chips for graphics not supporting DX9 any more. You'll need a separate graphics adaptor (Nvidia). If you already have one (or get one) you'll need to make sure Windows is set to always use it when running RF. Or upgrade to RF Evolution via Steam, which is compatible with newer hardware.
I did just upgrade my laptop but i don't really want to get a graphics adaptor. Is there a way to get RF evolution from steam as a free upgrade? As it seems a bit expensive. I have emailed RF tech support so do you think they might provide a code for an upgrade or something like that because it seems quite scummy that they have made a game which can't be played on newer computers.

Here are the details from back when Evolution was released.
https://forums.realflight.com/index...ade-and-discounted-upgrade-information.56905/

But, it has been a year and a half since Evo came out.

It's been 5 years since 9 came out. So more of it being quite scummy that you bought a computer that doesn't run old software. Ask your computer maker if they will reduce its price/give a rebate because it won't run old stuff.

Search around in these forums, there are some recent threads about a third party patch file that may work, but results seem to vary, and in some circumstances may still result in a few features not operating correctly.

I agree. The scummy part is the new laptop will not run older games. My favorite game is a DX9 game, and I play it all the time. I'm a retired software engineer and I can tell you when DirectX was first released one of it's big selling points is it would always be backwards compatible. But that requires the graphics drivers be tested for backwards compatibility. The problem is that requires time and money, and some venders (intel in this case) is dropping the ball. RealFlight just went through a lot of pain and expense to upgrade their graphics engine to DX11. So I'd give them a break and bite the bullet and upgrade to RealFlight Evolution.

Hey , all, my 9.5s worked perfect for 1 year, then i get up 1 day and it stopped working, for no reason , and without any changes to my system... I did all the tests recomended in here , and no can do ....nothing , its dead
Please provide more details about exactly what is happening, and when/in response to what user actions it is happening. If any error messages occur, please provide the complete and exact text of those messages. Screenshots are always welcome.

Back