Product Ready for shipment?

r4nd0m

Hi there,

dont know how you guys get on but I have huge difficulties getting RF7 to work.

Quick setup for planes, works a treat, setting it up for helicopters becomes a nightmare with the interface edition.
I got a DX8 and a DX18QQ here but neither of them delivers the results I was expecting.

Trying to setup throttle hold to correspond correctly ends with no throttle coming across the channel, opposite result engaging throttle hold sends max negative pitch ...

I have even tried re-arranging the channels on the DX18 trying to sort it out - without any luck.

Swap pages files - downloaded a few yesterday - tried to import, open menu, import, RealFligh archive - crash ... just for testing I tried the other menu items

KEX - works
Motor Sound profile - works
Raw Panoramic Image - app freezes/crashes
RealFligh Archive - app freezes/crashes

The tech support option in the launcher opens one out of 5 times - app freezes/crashes

As its a brand new OS install I doubt the issue is the OS itself ...

trying to resolve some of the issues by updating to .20 or .21 results in transmitter glitches though there are no inputs visible on the transmitter as you can see in my other post ...

I think I need to throw it into a corner an leave until a usable version appears

not amused
r4nd0m

Re: Helicopters

There are TWO ways to set up the Interface edition.

One is where you enable the sim's own software mixing.

This is the more advisable of the two. It permits the sim to function with the default setups and configurations used by the downloadable aircraft, add-ons and EP's.

To use that you must set up your transmitter to AIRCRAFT mode ONLY.

I've had no problems getting my DX18 to work with this... throttle hold, etc. works fine.

All of your radio mixes WILL NOT work this way.

To use your radio mixes and settings you must NOT use the sim's mixing during setup.

If you enable that you'll be forced to do the following...

- Set up three separate memory slots for Simulated Helis, Gliders and Planes
- Assign channel mappings in the sim
- Edit each aircraft or heli you will use to re-assign the channels

Doing all of the latter gives you far more fidelity, but IMHO it's not worth the effort.

---

Freezes and crashes are a different matter.

When you open a downloaded plane, etc.. the sim is forced to generate DDS files from the provided texture files.

The sim relies upon your own hardware to do that. Historically this has been problematic for some users with certain configurations when the DDS files either are not generated or can take a while.

Try loading a new swap file plane or heli from the menu after import and after selecting the plane or heli WAIT if the system seems to freeze. You may find that it's just busy rendering the DDS file, particularly if the sim does not crash to the desktop.

BTW: Did you run the DX9 installer as "administrator"?

What version of Windows are you running?

---

Transmistter glitch...

I'm going to give that a try on my DX18's to see if I can reproduce the problem too.

Re: Helicopters

There are TWO ways to set up the Interface edition.

One is where you enable the sim's own software mixing.

This is the more advisable of the two. It permits the sim to function with the default setups and configurations used by the downloadable aircraft, add-ons and EP's.

To use that you must set up your transmitter to AIRCRAFT mode ONLY.

I've had no problems getting my DX18 to work with this... throttle hold, etc. works fine.

All of your radio mixes WILL NOT work this way.

To use your radio mixes and settings you must NOT use the sim's mixing during setup.

If you enable that you'll be forced to do the following...

- Set up three separate memory slots for Simulated Helis, Gliders and Planes
- Assign channel mappings in the sim
- Edit each aircraft or heli you will use to re-assign the channels

Doing all of the latter gives you far more fidelity, but IMHO it's not worth the effort.

cheers for that but I believe I have tried that as well - tried both aircraft and heli setups but will give this a go again

Freezes and crashes are a different matter.

When you open a downloaded plane, etc.. the sim is forced to generate DDS files from the provided texture files.

The sim relies upon your own hardware to do that. Historically this has been problematic for some users with certain configurations when the DDS files either are not generated or can take a while.

Try loading a new swap file plane or heli from the menu after import and after selecting the plane or heli WAIT if the system seems to freeze. You may find that it's just busy rendering the DDS file, particularly if the sim does not crash to the desktop.

BTW: Did you run the DX9 installer as "administrator"?

What version of Windows are you running?

you dont even get that far, it crashes/freezes once I select the menu option, so it doesnt even go as far that I could select a file ...

yes install was as admin on Windows XP SP3

Transmistter glitch...

I'm going to give that a try on my DX18's to see if I can reproduce the problem too.

feel free to do that, only thing needed is to get a beta version - I have already sent the details to tech support on this ...

thanks for your extended reply

r4n

What video card are you using?

Are you able to get the launcher to come up?

If so can you try to reset RF7 to it's defaults and see if it then starts up?

thanks mate, just tested again with airplane setup and after re-arranging 3 channels at least the expected defaults seem to work.

I am using a AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB ram but that works fine, it crashes/freeses once I hit the menu items as mentioned ... but only the bottom two under import, the other 2 work fine ... only option then is to kill the process in the taskmanager, I would think it would usually open a dialog at this stage

Last edited:
ok, just tested the transmitter glitches in .20 and .21 as well as the import issue, exists on both versions - I will give Windows 7 a go, just to see if that changes anything ...

ok further tests show - the import issue is an XP issue, cant reproduce it on Windows 7, however the box says Windows XP should be fully supported ...

ok final tests show - their development seems to be up to scratch ...

just installed .022 on windows 7 all my mentioned issues are resolved - dont know about the Windows XP related issues as I only tested on Windows 7 now - but at least on 7 everything seems to be sorted ...

happy days after an initial rant :)

cheers
r4n

edit: I can confirm, the transmitter glitches on Windows XP are gone as well - import issues still persist

Last edited:
Back