Professional Quality PhotofieldIELDS MEXICO PROJECTs - PHOTOF

You're in luck, the solution is very simple. Upload your entire airports to the KE swap pages, and bandwidth costs are no longer a problem for you.

dhk79 said:
Now in all fairness, one thing that might be possible is to separate the two parts. Sell your panos just as pictures. After all these represent your work and do not contain any proprietary formats.

Then, free of charge, make airports that could be used with your panos (but do not contain them) available for download by anyone.

This would satisfy the licensing agreement for the airports and still leave you free to charge for your photography work

Yesss.. Put it this way, I ask for a donation to produce scenarios and I integrate them to the RF using your platform completely for free.. :D

I myself prefer to integrate the scenarios that distribut them separately to ensure quality. Level them and place collision objects is not easy and requires great care.

what camera are you using and how many mega pixels is it?
other than using the old lazy Susan and some pencils trick to figure out a camera/ lens combination's nodal point
do you have a good way to find the nodal point ? or know of a place that may show were it is on various cameras? or is the lazy Susan thing still the best way to do it?
as panos have gotten so popular over the last few years I dont understand why Camera manufacturers don't supply that info in the paper work that comes with them or better yet offer a mount for the tripod that aligns the nodal point for you or one that can be adjusted for focal length

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
You're in luck, the solution is very simple. Upload your entire airports to the KE swap pages, and bandwidth costs are no longer a problem for you.

The identity of the project generated interest from clubs in Mexico to belong to it. And it helps to generate invitations to produce panoramas.

The project embedded several simulators including Phoenix, Aerofly, Reflex, ClearView and RealFlight. RealFligt simulator is the main part of the project. Share my scenarios only in the swap pages of knifeedge will exclude RF from the project.

Why not let my project to promote for free RF?

superalex69 said:
Share my scenarios only in the swap pages of knifeedge will exclude RF from the project.
hugh? :confused: only RF users can use a Pano for RF how does putting them on RF's swap page exclude anything or any one??????? NOT having them at the swap page excludes every one who does not know about "The Project"
by the way have you sent KE a royalty check lately?

Last edited:
As an amateur panorama maker myself, I would like to say your work is beautiful.
I enjoyed the free panoramas you shared with us at the swap pages, and you have inspired me to go back and polish my own panos.

As for compensation for your hard work, I don't believe anyone is saying you can't charge for your work.
It's the distrubution that may be in conflict with KnifeEdge's policy.
But only they can explain wht their policy is.
The rest of us can only guess at their intention.

You are right though, having panoramas of a local flying fields do sell lots Realflight copies.
I've been asked quite often to convert my stuff to the other Simulators.

So keep at it, I would love to see more of your work.
Frank...

Maj. Numbskully said:
hugh? :confused: only RF users can use a Pano for RF how does putting them on RF's swap page exclude anything or any one??????? NOT having them at the swap page excludes every one who does not know about "The Project"
by the way have you sent KE a royalty check lately?

No, no no... I´m not saying that I´m not going to continue sharing them on the swap pages.. I´m just arguing that RF must be within the PHOTOFIELDS MEXICO PROJECT so that the clubs are interested in to make their panos. ;)

by the way.......you can get a FREE web site thats totally customizable to distribute your panos at :
www.jimdo.com
many users here use that as a place to distribute their RF creations......good by hosting fees.

Maj. Numbskully said:
by the way.......you can get a FREE web site to distribute your panos at :
www.jimdo.com
many users here use that as a place to distribute their RF creations......good by hosting fees.

Jojojo... and the production fees?... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Do you know any site that could contribute? ;)

Maj. Numbskully said:
what camera are you using and how many mega pixels is it?
other than using the old lazy Susan and some pencils trick to figure out a camera/ lens combination's nodal point
do you have a good way to find the nodal point ? or know of a place that may show were it is on various cameras? or is the lazy Susan thing still the best way to do it?
as panos have gotten so popular over the last few years I dont understand why Camera manufacturers don't supply that info in the paper work that comes with them or better yet offer a mount for the tripod that aligns the nodal point for you or one that can be adjusted for focal length

For Photofields and work on fields I use a Nikon D90 with 12.5 Megapixels with Nikon 10.5 mm lens combination...

I use a very stable old Kaidan tripod panorama head. And to find the nodal point I use a common finding Nodal point technic.. This tecnic is great try it... http://rosaurophotography.com/html/technical7.html

I recommend a Nodal Ninja Pano Head... they distribute the exact measure for common cameras. ;) ;) ;) ;)

what production Fee's ???
electricity to run your PC? , gas money to get to the site?...memory cards are a one time cost and are reusable .............pixels are free......... production costs? do you have any idea how long it takes to create a model for RF yet everyone here does it for FREE you don't hear anyone of them complaining about "production fees...have you priced 3dmax lately it's well over 3 grand!!!!!

Maj. Numbskully said:
what production Fee's ???
electricity to run your PC? , gas money to get to the site?...memory cards are a one time cost and are reusable .............pixels are free......... production costs? do you have any idea how long it takes to create a model for RF yet everyone here does it for FREE you don't heae anyone of them complaining about "production fees...have you priced 3dmax lately it's well over 3 grand!!!!!

All per diem costs... :p :p :p

Maj. Numbskully said:
you don't hear anyone of them complaining about "production fees...

phrank said:
As an amateur panorama maker myself, I would like to say your work is beautiful.
I enjoyed the free panoramas you shared with us at the swap pages, and you have inspired me to go back and polish my own panos.

As for compensation for your hard work, I don't believe anyone is saying you can't charge for your work.
You are right though, having panoramas of a local flying fields do sell lots Realflight copies.

Frank...

Thanks Frank...

For RF people: You are lucky that your users help to develop what you do not develop

You are totally missing the point of contributing files for RF. Nobody else here is permitted to be paid for their contributions. Congratulations for being the exception.

jeffpn said:
You are totally missing the point of contributing files for RF. Nobody else here gets paid for their contributions. Congratulations for being the exception.

Check swap.. pages.. I´ve more than one PI there...

Are you involved with knifeedge????... You work with Knifeedge?...

superalex69 said:
Thanks Frank...

For RF people: You are lucky that your users help to develop what you do not develop
yes we are
but don't forget that knowing that people contribute free files before you buy RF is one reason people buy RF...................its part of the package you might say
I never said that your work is anything less than "professional quality" just have a problem with "production fees that you feel should be passed on to rf users........
.hey that gives me a good idea...the next time i hand over the TX to my son at the field I'll charge him 2 bucks to cover "production fees" :p

jeffpn said:
You are totally missing the point of contributing files for RF. Nobody else here is permitted to be paid for their contributions. Congratulations for being the exception.

You are totally missing the point that my work sells lots of RealFlight copies in México and it seems that you do not care. :rolleyes: :cool:

Here we go again... I'd tell you, but if you're like the last guy who asked me that, you wouldn't believe me anyway.

I just don't understand why KE tolerates you advertising RF files for sale, both of which are against the EULA. Maybe I should get some more experience building models, and sell them some day, you know, to cover my per diem costs.

superalex69 said:
You are totally missing the point that my work sells lots of RealFlight copies in México and it seems that you do not care. :rolleyes: :cool:
Uh huh, just like the people who come here telling KE that if KE implements their idea, sales would skyrocket. :rolleyes: Tell me something I haven't heard a thousand times already.

superalex69 said:
so does other peoples work but they don't ask for compensation to do so..
are we really to believe that someone is going to see a pano and run right out and spend 200 busks just to use it in RF?.people who buy RF are going to buy RF
i really don't think that a good looking pano is going to sell that many more copies of RF....and why should users have to pay even more than they've already spent just so KE can sell a few more copies??

sorry KE .........BUT why should end users care about how many copies they sell?
you make it sound like if it were not for a few sales in Mexico that KE might go under or something

Last edited:
Back