Programming Flaperons

DuncanC

I am very new to Realflight 9.5 and using the WS2000 dongle. I have a DX6-2 Tx and have programmed it so I can use flaperons with a Sport Cub S. Why? Curiosity mainly. Anyway my question is how do I set up flapeeons with that model or a copy of it in Realflight? I suspect it requires using my Tx setup and not the software setup, but to avoid making my head spin uncontrollably I thought I’d ask for help from those in the know.
Thanks in advance.
Duncan

I kind of simplify, but:
There are two options when setting up your own TX for Real Flight (any brand/model):
1. Follow the conventions of the RF default setup. Use the same program in your TX for all RF planes. Easy, but turns your transmitter into a really basic one, with few options to make changes there. But you can use it with no further adjustment for any RF plane. as it is configured.
2. Treat the RF plane to be like one you just picked up "Ready to fly", but not with your equipment, from an auction or buddy at the field. Perhaps add servos, verify and/or redefine what channel controls what servo, check default throws, check for (and maybe remove) default mixes, ditto for rates/expo, create a custom program in your TX, etc. Some models may need no or very little "rework". Others may need a lot. You'll get very familiar with making a copy of a plane and using the Aircraft Editor, as well as setting up a model in your radio.

Back