Prometheus

burrinator

Is there anyone that could help me convert the Skip Stewart Prometheus Pitts to G3.5? I would be forever grateful for any help. This is my favorite pilot and plane!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Thanks in advance for any help!! :)

Burrinator

You might be able to extract the contents of the .rfx, and import .kex file yourself. Make sure the .kex and the .tga are in the same folder. You may also have to create a correct path - you'll get an error if that's the case. Just note the path it's looking for. Then you'll have to do the physics yourself. But I'm sure you're willing to do that if you want the plane badly enough.

and of course you will not need the _s.tga or _n.tga files

But DON"T upload it with out the permission of the original creator (Polypoke) afterwords

doing what jeff is suggesting would be for YOUR own personal use ONLY ! ;)

Last edited:
I am willing to give the source to someone who has 3.5 for import, no problem. Physics will have to be re-done but the data can be extracted from my version.

And while I've got your attention ... give my FB page a "like" would you? :D

http://www.facebook.com/polypoke

Best,

Owen

Much appreciated Polypoke!! :) I imported the file and got a good start on the physics when I noticed the ailerons are not moving. The elevator and rudder are moving so I'm lost as to why no move. I'm pretty green when it comes to modeling so I might be doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas??? Would it be because a component used in G5 is not available in G3??
Thanks

Last edited:
There are 2 sets of ailerons - one is the aileron that you see when flying, and the other is the physics aileron, represented by a wireframe in the editor. Which ailerons are not moving?

Then you don't have the right component to show selected, or it wasn't named or pivoted properly. One's a kex export issue, the former you can fix.

jeffpn said:
Then you don't have the right component to show selected, or it wasn't named or pivoted properly. One's a kex export issue, the former you can fix.

All 4 ailerons were named as written in the SDK so they should work.

When I select the plane it says missing CS_MMVS, RMW, RMA, LMW, LMA. Should this plane show a top or bottom wing missing rather than a single wing?

Sounds like the naming convention for the plane you picked is different than the naming convention used on that model. You'll have to assign the proper components yourself. They will blink as you select them.

I just had to change them in the physics. I should have noticed that but like I said I am pretty green in these areas. Learn as you go I guess! Anyway thanks again you guys you have been very helpful!! :)

PS Polypoke could you tell me what the fuselage weight is on the pitts and the overall weight ?

burrinator said:
PS Polypoke could you tell me what the fuselage weight is on the pitts and the overall weight ?

14.5 lbs. for the fuselage

44.634 lbs. for the total aircraft wet

Back